Chapter Eight

"Where do you hide the thoughts you're too afraid to say out loud?"

-Raine Cooper

• • • • •

- Aleanna -

Prom night.

I knock on Lucy's front door. We'll be going to the salon today to get our hair done and probably do some last minute shopping for accessories and stuff like that.

My mom said if I don't go to the salon and get myself fixed, she'll ground me. Because of course, she wants me to win prom queen. I actually don't know how in the world did I get nominated since I'm practically invisible. But, whatever.

The door finally opened and Lucy came out. "Ready to go?" I asked, which she answered by locking our arms together and walking up to my car. 

"Uh, is it okay if I drop Harry off at the mall first? He needs to grab his tux for tonight. He's trying to look good for a certain beauty." I wiggled my eyebrows at Lucy and laughed. She clearly has a thing for Harry and I don't know what to feel about it.

"Shut up. God, Al. Yeah, of course it's cool." She smiles.

We got in the car and Harry sat at the back seat while Lucy sat on the passenger seat. I didn't want the ride to the mall to be more awkward than it already is so even though I've been dying to have a talk with Harry about last night, I need to keep all the questions I want to voice out in the back of my mind for a little while.

"So, who are you going with tonight?" Lucy asked, breaking the silence.

"Uh, I'm going with Liam." i smiled. "Oh! See, I told you he likes you too." she teased.

"He likes you, too? Oh, so you like him? I didn't know about that, Aly. I guess you've already replaced me." Harry said, looking into the rear view mirror where our eyes met. I don't know if it was just me, but I could sense a little jealousy in there.

"What?" I chuckled, trying not to make it obvious that I'm clearly thinking of two meanings that sentence could have. "As your best friend? I guess you've replaced me with Lucy over here."

"Oh, shut it Styles. You know Aleanna can never replace you. There are just things that only girls talk about. Right, Al? Like a possible relationship with Mr. Payne?" Lucy laughs.

"Yeah, I guess."

Because of the traffic that's currently pissing me off (main reason why I hate driving), Lucy and I are close to being late for our salon appointment. So, as soon as we arrived at the mall, she ran off to the salon inside to save our appointment. Harry decided he's going to stay and help me find a place to park which is not really helping since the memories of what happened yesterday badgered my mind.

Finally, we found a place to park. It's not the best place to park though since it's quite far from the mall entrance, but hey, a place to park is always good.

As we both make our way to the mall, neither of us spoke a word. Until I couldn't handle it anymore. "Are-are we ever going to talk about what happened yesterday? I'm sorry, it's just really been occupying my mind too much. I-I just want clarity." before I could think about what I was going to say, I've already said it. No going back now.

"Stop, Aly. Don't say sorry. It's cool. It's been running on my mind too, don't worry. I don't really know what came over me yesterday and I did that, I'm sorry."

"Oh." was all I could say. Is he saying that he regrets kissing me?

"No, no. I didn't mean it like that, Aly. It's just, I don't really know what to say right now. My feelings are all messed up. I like Lucy, you like Liam. But, I can't say I didn't enjoy what we shared yesterday. Maybe we can just give it some time for now. Don't think about it too much. You'll get wrinkles." He smiled.