Chapter Twenty-Six.

"Charlie, I look like a freaking whale." I whined. I had on the first of a stack of wedding dresses, and I did not want to leave the dressing room. "And it's not like I'm getting married like tomorrow or anything." 

"Alice, so help me if you do not come out of that freaking dressing room, I will drag you out myself." Charlie threatened. 

"Fragile pregnant lady in here, you can't do that." I smirked to myself. 

"Watch me." She said, as the door handle started to move.

"Fine! I'm coming." I sighed heavily, before stepping out of the dressing room.

Tears instantly pooled in her eyes, as a light gasp left her lips. 

"Alice, you look stunning." She managed to get out.

I walked over to the pedestal, and finally got a good look at myself. It was perfect. I was speechless as I looked over the dress and how  I looked. I searched for any part that I didn't like, but I only found more that I did. 

Charlie came up behind me, and placed a vail on me, the lining of the vail matching accents on the dress. 

The sales woman that was assisting us, spoke up, breaking the silence that had filled the room.

"How about we get you into another dress you were looking at?" She suggested. 

"No thank you. I'll take this one." I said, the few tears I had holding in falling down  my cheeks. 

I changed back into my street clothes, and we headed out for some lunch. My head spun at the thought that I had just purchased my wedding dress. Being pregnant put things off for us further than Patrick would have liked, but I wasn't exactly opposed to waiting. Our relationship so far had been a whirlwind so it seemed that waiting was probably the best thing for us. Especially since I was expecting our child. 

We sat down at a trendy lunch spot in the middle of town by Patrick and I's apartment. 

"You couldn't have at least tried on a few more dresses for the memories." Charlie gently scolded me.

"You know I didn't particularly want to try on a dress anyways, I just so happen to luck out on the first." I smirked. 

"I swear I'm more exciting about planning this wedding than you are." She laughed.

"Yeah, probably. I don't know if you know this about me, but I'm a fairly private person."

"Very much so." 

We ordered lunch, and Charlie went over more wedding things with me. Shopping, wedding planning, and lunch wore me out, and by the time we finished eating, I was ready to get home for a nap. 

Pregnancy was exhausting. 

I really wanted to spend more time out of the house, because Patrick was busy with practice, conditioning, and press, so I was going to be alone once I got home. But I needed a nap more than I needed company. 

Charlie dropped me off with promises to work on wedding and baby stuff at the game tomorrow night. 

I went up to the apartment, and went straight to my room for my refreshing nap. 

When I woke up I felt hungover. My head hurt, my eyes hurt, I just felt awful. 

My morning sickness had gone away long ago, but I still felt really crappy. I was exhausted, but when I napped I woke up with migraines. 

But it was all worth it for this baby. Our baby. My baby. 

The room was dark, but I knew it was still early. I picked up my phone, and dialed out to him. I missed him.