Chapter Four.

After our talk, I was a little more excited about going to the game. I felt more comfortable with the new people in my life than I did my own family. I typically didn't feel very comfortable going out in public, I preferred to stay more to myself, in my own apartment, but this sounded kind of fun.

We got to the arena when the fans started showing up. She showed an pass, and instead of parking outside, we pulled our cars into the lower part of the arena, apparently where players and their families parked. As we got out and I followed Charlie inside, I couldn't help the butterflies and nerves that made my stomach ache. My eyes grew wide at every new things we came across. Staff scurried around, all with a place to be. I looked upon trophies, and pictures of past teams. It was all incredible.

"Did you want to stop by the souvenir stand? Get you a jersey?" She asked, as we walked.

"I don't think so." I smiled, knowing I didn't have the money for those kinds of things.

"Come on. Kaner wanted me to get you something on him, and I will never hear the end of it unless you do." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Does it have to have his name on it?" I asked, with a smirk.

"I was encouraged to nudge you in that direction." she laughed.

"Fine, fine." I said, following her as we went out to the main area, and headed towards the Blackhawks store.

We went over to the jerseys, and Charlie picked one out for me, and we checked out.

"Do you mind if we go and say hi to the guys before we go to our seats?" She asked, almost seemingly guilty.

"It's fine. I gotta thank Patrick for the jersey anyways." I smiled kindly at her.

I followed Charlie, and got my fair share of looks on our way. She said hi to the people she recognized, and smiled at the others. She was a natural with all of this, and I was jealous that she was so comfortable in her world. I wasn't even comfortable in my small world, and here she was, say hi to and remembering the names of 50+ people. I tried to ignore the jealousy I was feeling.

We walked into the locker room, and my eyes went wide with how many people were in there. There were players, reports, and staff covering just about every inch of the room. I could feel myself going pale from all of the people.

One thing I didn't share with any of the new people of my life was my crippling social anxiety. I moved to Chicago to get away from my family, and I usually avoided most places where there were copious amounts of people. That's why I hated parties, and had a hard time meeting new people.

"Are you okay?" Charlie said, looking concerned.

"Fine, just a lot to take in." I said, giving her a unconvincing smile.

"I'm gonna go see Jon, if that's okay?" She said.