Chapter Seventeen.

I deserved to feel worse than I did when I woke up. For whatever reason, I didn't have a hangover, which seemed gracious for the amount of alcohol I drank. I had one of Patrick's shirts, but Patrick was nowhere to be found. I pulled my hair into a messy bun on top of my head, and headed into the bathroom to brush my teeth. 

I only remembered bits and pieces from my night, but none of how I made it to bed. Waking up at Patrick's felt nice though, familiar. If I didn't have anyone when I lost Mister Darcy, I don't know what I would have done. 

I was ready to move past everything that had happened when we had broken up, but I didn't know if he wanted to be with me anymore. So I wouldn't push it. 

I walked out to the kitchen, and found Patrick sitting at the counter with a cup of coffee in front of him.

"Good morning." I said, pouring myself a cup of coffee. 

He didn't say anything, his eyes never leaving his cup. 

My heart sank, because I knew I must have done something stupid for him not to talk to me. 

I sat down on the stool next to him, and sipped my coffee, and racked my brain for what I could have done or said. 

"I don't know what I might have done or said to you, but if I you want me to, I can try and stay at Charlie's or something." I suggested. 

"It's not like that." His voice came out deep and strained. 

"The last thing I remember is talking to you about not taking shots. I probably did something stupid and I'm sorry for whatever it is. I like being here with you, and I don't want to leave, but I will if I have to." I said, not being able to hide the tremble in my voice. 

"You didn't do anything." He said, taking my hand in his. "I swear. Please don't leave." 

I laid my head on his shoulder and held back the tears that had built up in my eyes. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked, kissing the top of my head. 

"Actually not bad. A little hungry, and tired." I sighed.

"I would say we could go get breakfast, but you look so beautiful in my shirt with your hair up like that, and I'm not willing to let you change just yet." He smiled at me. 

My cheeks flushed red, and I tried to cover the grin that took over my face. 

"How is your hand feeling?" He asked, taking the cast in his hand gently. 

"It's fine. The cast is more annoying than anything." I shrugged. 

"Well, would you be up to doing something fun today?" he said, and I could tell he had already perked up. 

"Sure. I could use some fun." I said, my eyes finally meeting his. 

"They having a family and friends skate at the UC tonight, and I would really like you to come with me." he said, giving me a look that made my breath catch in my throat. 

"I don't know how to skate." I said shyly. 

"Aw, that's sweet, but you don't have to worry about that. I got you." He winked at me.

"God you're arrogant." I laughed, rolling my eyes. 

I went to walk off, but he pulled me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I'm glad you're here." He said, leaving a light kiss on my neck, causing me to grin. 

"Me too." I whispered back. 

Our Time Now. [Patrick Kane][Completed]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें