Chapter Fifteen.

I would say the hardest part of our breakup was the fact that I literally couldn't get away from him. I couldn't exactly stop working just because my ex-boyfriend worked there also. There were many awkward instances, but I kept my emotions hidden. He didn't need to know how I felt. He already knew way too much, I wasn't giving him any more. 

It had been about a month now. We hadn't talked since the day at his apartment, the day we ended things. He had tried to call and text me a couple times, but I didn't respond. I didn't give him anything. 

"Just come to dinner tonight. He won't be there." Charlie begged me, but I had shut her out as well.

"I already told you, I have plans." I lied. 

"No offense Alice, but I know you, and the only people you really had here besides your sister, was the team and me." She called me out.

"I have friends from home visiting." I said, more lies.

"Bullshit. And I really don't like being lied to. I'm trying to be your friend here." She said, extremely upset. 

"Nobody knows that happened to me, including Patrick, and he still managed to throw it in my face. So no I don't want to be around him now or ever and if that means never coming to your house again, a place I know for a fact he frequents, then I'm not going to." I screamed at her. 

No one knew what I went through, and for all these people to assume that I was just being whiney about the whole thing wasn't fair. 

"Alice I'm-" She started, but I slammed the door on my way out before she could get a sentence out. 

Hot tears burned my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I walked down the hallway, but my brain was going a hundred miles a minute. Anger seethed through my body, I hadn't lost control like this in ages.  I needed release. I needed to hit something. 

So I punched the wall.

Hurting myself wasn't the best idea I ever had, but it also wasn't the worst. 

"Jesus Christ, Alice, are you okay?" David said, coming out of nowhere. 

"I'm fine." I said, heart still racing. The adrenaline coursing through my veins was enough for me to not feel the pain for hours. 

"I'm taking you to the hospital." he said, taking my hand, but I pulled it away.

"Just leave me alone." I snapped.

"I know you're not doing good right now, but if you don't let me take you, I'll go get Kaner myself." He threatened.

I thought about it for a moment, and started walking ahead of him.

"Hurry up then." I growled at him. 

---

"Surgery? You're kidding. I've punched many walls and none of them have ever resulted in surgery." I gritted my teeth.

This joke of a doctor was trying to tell me I had shattered a bone in my hand, a couple in my wrist, and  two hairline fractures in my arm. I was looking at physical therapy, and months in a cast. 

"Well apparently this time you meant it." He said, shaking his head at me.

"I can't. I can't be out of work that long, I don't even know if I have the insurance to cover this." I shook my head.

This was the stupidest thing I had done in awhile. 

"Don't worry about the price, just do the surgery." A suddenly vocal David said, speaking up. 

"I'm sorry I'm not a pro fucking athlete, I can't just drop a couple thousand dollars on a surgery." I snipped at him.

"Whatever you need I can help you with. You can't just not have this surgery." He quipped back.