Chapter Twenty-Five.

"Patrick?" I sat up in the bed, confused over the empty bed next to me. I always slept later than Patrick, especially since I had such awful morning sickness. 

I knew he didn't have practice or any media to deal with, so I was scared. Did he bail on me? Did he find out?

My stomach gurgled as I laid in bed, I groaned as I got out of bed, dreaming of the day that I got out of my first trimester. 

"Patrick?" I called out, once I got to the kitchen. If he left, he usually left me a note or some sort of idea of where he went, but today I had nothing. 

He had to have found out. What if he ran? What if he didn't want this? We hadn't even been together a year. My breathing picked up as all of these negative thoughts ran through my head. It made me sick to think about. We hadn't even talked about kids. But thinking of not having this baby gave me even greater anxiety. 

To calm my gurgling stomach and to distract myself from everything else, I decided to make myself breakfast. A nice plate of peanut butter toast, and some caffeine free tea was the perfect distraction, even if it barely affected my churning stomach. 

I grabbed my phone, and decided to ease my worries and just call Patrick.

He answered his phone on the second ring. 

"I'm sorry baby, we had a last minute meeting this morning and I forgot to leave you a note." Patrick said before I could get a word out.

"It's okay. I was just worried." I sighed audibly. 

"I should be home in a little bit. How are you feeling today?" He asked, his voice shifting to concern 

"About the same." I sighed, knowing that this wasn't going to go away anytime soon. 

"We should get you into see a doctor." He suggested. 

"Yeah. That'd probably be a good idea." I admitted, knowing that they were going to find a lot more than just a stomach bug. 

"I just want my girl to feel better." He said, and I could help the small smile that came to my lips. 

Despite all of my fears and insecurities, I knew that he loved me. I just really hoped he would be excited about this. 

--------------------------------------

We had been sitting in silence for about an hour now. Probably longer. After the doctor revealed the news, and I hadn't reacted, he hadn't spoke a single word. At this point I wasn't even sure if he was breathing or not. The ride home, nothing. And now we were sitting on the couch in the living room, and still nothing.

"Patrick, please just say something." I asked, my voice breaking the tense air surrounding us. 

"How long have you known?" he asked, not looking at me, but his voice startling me slightly.

"Jon said something that made me think at that Gala." I admitted. 

"Three weeks. You've known three whole weeks and you've said nothing." He said, finally looking at me, and I swear the look he gave me was going to kill me. His eyes were glossy with tears, and he looked so helpless. I had never seen him like this.

"I am so sorry. I wanted to tell you, but I didn't want to freak you out." I whispered, a few tears of my own slipping out as I said it. 

"You know when Charlie had symptoms of her cancer, it looked a lot like pregnancy symptoms. I have been terrified ever since you got sick that something was seriously wrong with you, and you've known all of this time. I almost lost my best friend to cancer and I had to sit here every single day and worry about if your symptoms worsened, but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to scare you." He choked out.