Chapter Eight.

I really never thought I was going to have to travel. I figured there would have been some way around it. There was not.

I offered to drive myself and the kids down to Nashville, or even keep them home for the weekend until Charlie and Jon got back, but it wasn't going to happen.

"You'll be fine Al." Patrick said, my new nickname rolling off his tongue, making me blush for the millionth time. "I fly on planes all the time, and nothing."

"That doesn't make me feel any better." I said, biting my nails, or should I say the nubs that I already ground down to nothing.

"Come here." He said, pulling me closely into his chest.

It didn't help my nerves even slightly. If anything it made it worse.

"Get a room." One of the guys from the team said, laughing at Patrick, and giving me a wink.

"I would keep you company, but I can't." He said, running his hands up and down my arms.

"I know. I appreciate it." I smiled up at him.

I had been staying at Patricks' place, and actually sleeping in his bed with him. It was completely out of character for me to do anything like this, but it all felt easy with him. I still had nagging thoughts of when all this lovey dovey easy stuff would end, but I tried to stay as positive as I could.

"I better get going. I'll see you when we get there okay? You'll be fine. Do you have those headphones I got you?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

He bought me $400 headphones, and insisted I use them on this flight.

"Yeah, I got them." I said, becoming more nervous. I didn't have anyone to fly with.

"Hey," He said, lifting my chin so my eyes met his. " You're going to be fine. I promise you. You can do this."

"Okay." I said, not being able to stop the tremble that was coursing through my body.

He once more pulled me into him, and left a soft kiss on my forehead.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." He said, whispering in my ear.

I nodded slowly, and he let me go. I could feel where his hands left me.

I made my way towards my gate, even though my flight wasn't boarding for another hour or so. I sat down right by where you were supposed to board, and put on my headphones. Before I was ready, we were boarding the plane, and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

Once I was on board, I was shown to my seat, which was surprisingly in first class. And I knew he had done this for me. I turned my music while the plane continued to board. I opened my bag, and found a sweatshirt that he had snuck in my bag. I took it out and slipped it on. Immediately my senses were filled with his scent.

I rested my head against the seat, and fell asleep as if he were there with me.

----

Watching the kids helped me take my mind off of Patrick. I had never felt like this about anyone before, and I didn't know how to help with it. I couldn't help but think when he would admit to just messing with me, or how stupid I was to think that he would have any feelings for me.

Jonathan and Charlie made it back to the room late, and I had fallen asleep with the kids.

"Hey," Charlie said, slightly shaking me awake. "We're back."

My eyes blinked open, and I felt bad for falling asleep.

"I am so sorry." I said, sitting up quickly.