Testing and thoughts || Chapter 1

"You may start your test." Mr. Anders, the teacher said, while he sat back in his chair sipping his coffee.

Allison just signed, as she leaned lazily on her desk. She stared at the quiz in front of her, as if it was the hardest thing in the world. If only I studied, she thought tapping her nails on the edge of the desk.

She glanced over at her friend as she circle bubbles without a sweat. Of course she would know everything, for she always study. Jessica is always a nerd when it comes to learning.

"Hey jess." She whispered, hoping the teacher wouldn't hear.

She waited for a reply, but Jess was just too busy circling answers.

"Psst....jess." She said a bit louder.

"What?" She answered with an annoyed look.

"Can you help me please?"

"No." She said simply.

"Please."

"No."

"Please, I'll owe you big time I swear!" She said a bit loud then she meant too.

"I said no, now stop befo-

"Is there a probably miss Hanson?" Mr. Anders replied with a stern look in our direction.

Jessica just gave a quiet, "No" while she cast her gaze down towards her desk in embarrassment.

"And same goes for you miss Paige, what seems to be the problem?" He asked her next with the same look he gave Jess.

"Nothing." She said with a tight smile.

He stared at them for awhile, before saying something that made both there faces fall.

"Both of you stay after class."

°°°°°

"Great, just great, " Jess mumbled. "You just had to get us detention on the first week of school."

"I'm sorry okay? I like told you that about a thousand times already." Allison said with an apologetic look.

She feels like this is all her fault. But it is you're fault, her mind retorted to her.

She laid on the desk, and put her chin above her hands. She stared at the clock in annoyance, as it's arm ticked to the other number. She remembers the time back in ninth grade, when Mr. Anders gave her detention for being late for class. Especially the time when she forgot her homework. Seriously, what type of teacher gives detention just for forgetting to bring your homework one freaking time?

°°°°°

She blew a piece of her blond hair out her face, and licked her almost chapped lips

She blew a piece of her blond hair out her face, and licked her almost chapped lips. Why does her life have to be so hard? Sure, she might get into trouble here and there, but still she's innocent. Well...maybe not too innocent. But you get the idea.

She's made the honor roll at least two times a year, with A's and B's. She does not deserve to be trapped in a room, for God knows how long. She can already feel the boredom taking over her mind. She just needs to go to her happy place, til time passes, but do she has one? She's literally been thinking about random stuff for the last thirty minutes, or so!

She turned and took a quick glance in Jess's direction. She watched as she typed away at her phone in fast speed. She really wants to know what is it with people tapping so fast on a phone when they only use there thumbs? She pushed away the sudden thought, and glanced back at the clock. It currently read, 6:59.

"Ugh..." She breathed out.

"What's wrong with you?" Jess asked.

"What do you think is wrong with me?"

"I don't know, are you bored?" She asked again.

"Isn't it obvious?"

"It's obvious you got us in this mess." She replied back without looking up from her phone.

She ignored the comment, and closed her eyes. She'd rather sleep through this mess, instead of suffering from the boredom. Just as she closed her eyes, she reopened them to see Mr. Anders standing in the doorway with his suitcase.

"Enjoying you're detention lady's?" He asked with a smirk.

Allison and Jess just stared at him with complete aggravation.

"I'll take that as a no." He said through the silence, as he walked in and sat behind his desk.

He suddenly checked his watched, and gasps.

"Looks like you two stayed over time. As much as I would enjoy you two staying and paying your respects, it's time for you to go." He said with a huff.

The girls both looked at each other and smiled, happy the torcher of detention is over. Just as they both we're about to exit, he called out to Allison.

"Oh and Allison." He called.

She stopped. "Yes?"

"I expect more out of you. I really do."

She looked at him for a moment and gave a slight nod, before walking after Jess.