~Chapter 7: The Unknown Creature~

~Ballora's POV~

Today was...very interesting, to say the least. It was a depressing and saddening meeting with the young one known as '(Y/N)', but it was fun to see a new face, especially when I haven't been allowed too lately. I felt very bad for him/her, but I was able to reassure them to the point where they weren't huddled up in the corner crying their little eyes out. It is completely understandable why he/she would be afraid, but who on earth would let their child inside a place like this? Wouldn't they care? I'm not quite sure.

I spun around from the exit door, and I looked down to the floor, to reveal a single Minireena looking up at me, tilting it's head at me. I got the message, and spoke to it;

"Ah, do not worry about the child. He/She is not here to do any harm to us." I said, crouching down to it. It stared directly at me for a few seconds, before letting out a childish giggle, and nodding rapidly, before turning the other way and running off with the others. I watched as it sprinted away in the darkness, the little pattering if it's footsteps echoing off the walls. 

I got back up to my feet, and started thinking. The younger one was certainly smart enough to know what they were doing and where they were going, so I did not have to worry about them getting into trouble with the others, and I wasn't sure if Baby had known about them, yet. Perhaps I should tell her later if she was unknown about it. I placed my hands down to my sides, rather then keeping them above my head, as I let out a robotic quiet sigh, and strained my closed eyelids, before making my way back to my stage, my mind still racing with thoughts and questions.

~Your POV~

I sped-walk through the dark location, the darkness shielding over my entire body as I wiped my bloodshot red eyes with my sleeves and crept through all the rooms. I was heading away from Ballora Gallery, and I wasn't that far from the the control room, which is where I needed to be. The ambiance in this place was so tense and scary, but I kept going, my eyes darting around every now and then to make sure nobody was watching me. Luckily, they weren't.

I continued to lightly sprint through the large place, my feet making little taps with every step I took. My eyes gazed over the walls, which was covered in posters, paperwork slips, and drawings. It was hard to see due to the darkness, but I was able to make my way down the right path again. It was going to take me some time to get used to the layout of this place. The little bit of light above me continued to flick on and off, glitching and breaking. 

As I continued to trudge through the areas and rooms, I quietly hummed (Favorite Song) to myself, trying to ease myself, and it actually helped. As I continued to hum the melody, I found myself getting closer to the control room. I didn't have any encounters with any of the other animatronics, which made me more relieved. 

It was a long way back, but I was able to make it all the way through, and entered the green colored room, shutting the large metal door behind me. I sighed and rubbed my eyes with my fists one more time, before hanging my hand back down to my side, walking inside the room, fully. 

I stretched my arms, but paused dead in my tracks in concern when I noticed something...off. I blinked a few times, making sure I wasn't imagining things, but I wasn't. In the middle of the room, at the very top of the room, I remember there used to be some type of mask. When I first entered the control room, I remembered it's face being split up, and completely pale, will the eye holes blacked out, and the mouth twisted into a curved and upward sinister smile. It was plastered on the wall, and it had a yellow birthday hat with colored stripes. 

It was gone...

My face twisted in pure confusion as I stared at the now blank spot at the top of the wall, trying to think of where it could have gone. I was the only human who had entered the building before the place closed, so nobody could have taken it. It was kind of strange, but maybe it was Baby, Ballora, or the other animatronics. Oh, well.