~Chapter 3: Shut Down~

~Your POV~

I stayed inside the tight space for a moment after the creatures had left me alone, my mind racing with thoughts as I attempted to calm myself down again. I leaned up against the wall and tried to slow my breaths. What would have happened if I didn't hide under the desk? What if they had caught me? I wanted to cry, but I didn't. My eyes were burning, wanting to shed tears, but I wiped my eyes with my sleeves and refused to. My only focus was getting out of here, no matter who sees me. 

This place is dangerous.

I crawled forward and started pulling the metal frame open, as I wiped my eyes again, before slowly making my way out, my eyes instantly hitting the dark ambiance that surrounded the room I was stuck in. I slithered my way all the way out, and shut the hiding place again. I was still stuck in this room that had many windows that anything could see me through, which didn't help the situation. 

I wanted to get out of this place badly, and I looked around frantically, trying to find a way back. There was the vent at the very back, and I'm pretty sure it was my only way back. I turned around to where the vent was, and was about to leave the room when I suddenly heard a noise from behind me, which made me jump and spin around quickly.

Nothing was there...

~Baby's POV~

This same cycle keeps continuing. This place may seem innocent and cheerful at first, and at one point it was, until a certain incident that happened yesterday. It was still so clear in my mind, and it just wouldn't go away. I don't want this. All I want is to escape all this torment. 

-Flashback-

Everything was going perfectly, at first. It was just another young child's birthday, who wanted to have it at the loved location that included all of the heart-warming animatronics that were supposed to bring you joy. However, this young girl wasn't brought with any type of joy from these animatronics. She was brought with death.

It was her birthday. She didn't understand why her father wouldn't let her go and have fun with the other boys and girls with that certain animatronic. The one she loved the most out of all of them. Yet, her father refused to let her go to her. She tugged at him all day, and asked him various questions, but the answer was always the same;

"You're not allowed too."

The little girl sighed as she sat in her chair, her two blonde pigtails bouncing up and down as she laid her arm on the table, resting her head on it, and drawing imaginary patterns with her finger on the table. 

She stared over at the specific animatronic she wanted to see. The main lead singer animatronic resembled her a little, but there was something about her that the young child adored. She didn't understand why her father wouldn't let her go to her. There were so many things she could do! She could make balloons, she could sing, dance, and she could definitely make you smile!

Yet, some were still terrified of her. The sounds of children yelling in excitement and happiness filled the room as all of the animatronics went about their on ways, making all of the young children happy. The birthday sighed as she lifted her head up and looked over to where her father was, and her eyes sparkled when she saw her father's back was turned, and she turned her attention back to the animatronic, then back to the older man.

'Daddy isn't watching...'

The girl cautiously slid out of her tiny chair, and glanced over to her dad one more time, before quickly running off to join the other crowd of kids. At the moment, the pig-tailed mechanical mascot was playing with a crowd of kids, the kids giggling and doing cute little motions, before they all waved farewell to Circus Baby, and ran off to join there parents.