Throwback to the past

I spent my last days before going back to California, hanging out with friends and just random people from school.

When i arrived to Australia i didn't really know what to expect...I lived my childhood in California so i wasn't familiar with other coultures.

At first i was scared of talking to the kids my age cause i thought that they were going to be mean towards me...But they were actually pretty nice.Of course there were some lying bitches and jerks and we can't forget about the perverts... But every school has those people... So it didn't really bother me.

I was hanging out with some kids at school...But after school i went straight back to my house...No shopping with friends, no talking to any of the kids from school...

I used to spent hours skyping my friends from back home ( after school ) so i didn't really bother to explore the city that i was living in... I hadn't realise that, that was gonna be my country, my city , my house for a long time or forever...

When my parents announced to me that we were moving to Australia i was confused...
I didn't know what to expect...they told me about it on my birthday...on my 10th birthday...they just told me that i had one week to pack all my stuff cause we were leaving for Australia.

I was shocked...i lived my whole childhood in that house, in that city , in that country and they wanted to take everything from me...

It didn't really cross my mind to ask them for how long we would live in Australia...

I was spending hours on Skype with my friends... I didn't want to let go of them even though they were so far away... I couldn't let go of my friends, of my past...
California was my home and it will forever have a special place in my heart...

My parents were worried about me not making friends...but i had friends kind of...well i did have friends at least at school...i just didn't choose to hang out with them after school...

So one day my parents wanted to talk to me...have a family meeting... I wasn't excited about the idea of talking to my parents about my teen life... But they wouldn't really let go of it , so i decided to just do it and get over with it.

After our little family meeting...my perspective about Australia, about me and my life in general had changed...for good.

I was so caught up in my childhood...in my life back in California that i couldn't see how lucky i was to be living in such a beautiful place.

At school there were some really cool people...but i kept a distance from them...cause i thought that hanging out with them would mean that i betrayed and turned my back against my friends in California.

But it didn't have to mean that.
Now i was living in Australia...
I had a new life...but that didn't mean that i had to let go of my old one...my old life had made me the person that i was upon that day.

I didn't have to choose between my old and new life, i just had to find a balance between them.

I was so lucky to be living in such a beautiful place as Australia...

Moving to another country was such an amazing opportunity.

I realised that i was being ungrateful this whole time...so i changed...

I took up surfing courses and surprisingly i really connected with that sport...i made new friends and i became more comfortable with my body...

It was kind of a life changing experience...

I was hanging out with people from school and i was having a fun time.

I used to wake up early and explore the city at the weekends.

I always loved photography but it was kind of hard to take pictures back in California as it is a pretty dangerous city to walk in by yourself...plus the drivers are crazy lol...

I totally forgot to tell you something...In Australia, i didn't live in the centre or in a big city...
I was living in a small city ( called Denver ) , which i have to admit was pretty refreshing.

It was so beautiful and i loved the feeling of cold fresh air on my skin every morning.

The weather there, was really good...it was sunny most of the times and it was rarely gloomy and rainy.

I had 2 more days left in Denver before i had to go back to California.

The truth is that i was gonna miss Australia, Denver was now my second home and i was truly gonna miss my friends there.

To be Continued...