Chapter 15

I didn't want to answer but I did. I had my finger hovering over the green button. I finally let the finger and pick the phone up to my ear. "Um, hey," he sighs, "last night was a mistake and I'm sorry. I knew you were drunk and after I asked you to make out with me, I sobered up and you kissed me and I didn't stop you." I didn't say anything. I wanted to hang up the phone right there. "Hello?" He said. "Yeah, um, can I call you back." I didn't wait for him to answer, I just hung up and slammed the phone on the table. I'm actually pretty glad my parents and I don't go to church on sundays because then I would've been late and I would've had to confess. (I live in the third most religious city in the US and I'm sitting over here being agnostic.) I didn't want look at my phone anymore. I was thinking to myself until I heard footsteps creak on the stairs. I ran quickly to the couch and quietly laid on it. I opened my eyes fakely to show them I was awake. They looked at me in awe at how beaten up I looked. "Good morning," my dad says, "did you get enough sleep?" "No." Yes. I got more sleep than I wanted to. "Would you like some breakfast?" My mom asks. They both head into the kitchen and look through the minimal food we had. "Um just some milk and Ibuprofen." I answer. Mom looks at me oddly but doesn't question me. Dad goes to our medicine cabinet and mom gets the milk out. My phone started blowing up again. Mom walks around our island to check it for me but I jump over the couch before she could see it. "What was that?" She asks. I didn't answer. Max texted.
Max: had fun last night
Max: we should do it again
You: I am fucked up, we are never doing that again
Max: oh come on. There are you plenty of girls who would've loved to do that with me.
You: I've only known you for a week.
He didn't text back after that. Then Adam started texting me.
Adam: okay so I'm assuming you got home okay
You: yeah, are you still with max?
Adam: yeah
You: hey, I have a question. Earlier this morning you put your hands on my waist.
Adam: yeah
You: and you offered me breakfast
Adam: okay where are you going with this?
You: why were you being so nice and comfortable with me
Adam: you don't remember anything, do you?
You: no
Adam: you agreed to be my girlfriend.
I slammed my phone down on the table like I did with red. What was happening?