Beyond

Ann
"And we are here." I took off the scarf to see we were at an old shopping plaza. I had been here more than once with Glenn to scavenge but it was always risky with the Walkers who seemed to constantly circle this place. "I'll try to be quick." I closed the door behind me after jumping out.

"It's pretty much cleared out of all essential stuff. But liquor should still be top pickings." Negan finished by the time I reached his side. "I stopped and turned to the sound of two oncoming Walkers. "One for you, one for me?" I turned back to Negan and he nodded. He strolled over, whistling as he swung the bat and took the walker's face clean off. "Bam! easy as pie." He chuckled and I wondered how he could ever smile at such an action.

I took a step towards the hungry thing to look at it for a moment. This was once a person. The thought alone filled my stomach with pity. "I'm sorry about this." I looked at the Walker and quickly did a spin around it, kicking its back leg in. The Walker fell to the ground, arms raised towards me. I stepped over its body and my heavy shoe found the softness of its skull.

"Wow, you do get creative with those moves, baby." Negan chuckled. I tried to ignore the comment while I grabbed its lifeless arms, dragging the body to pile over the first Walker.

"I have to. Especially when I'm not allowed to have any weapons." I causally reminded him. He then lifted up his shirt to reveal my old hunters knife that was confiscated from me on the night we got ambushed.

"Knew you'd want it back at some point. Just had to make sure you weren't going to use it on me or my people." He gripped the handle and swung it around before extending it towards me. It felt good to have steel in my hands again. I nodded a thank you and placed the weapon into my back pocket.

Walking towards the door, I pressed my back to the glass and whistled, keeping my hand raised to Negan to stop him from stepping inside before it was safe. "What are you doing with that navy seal shit?" Negan looked at me oddly and I waved him off. After some time, three Walkers came limping out and I snuck up behind them, jamming the blade straight through each skull.

"We don't need any surprise visitors." I looked around the entrance of the store, seeing if it was cleared out. "Hey." Negan stopped me and made me get behind him, as he looked around for anymore walkers. "Looks good to me." He turned around and I nodded, walking in.

"Ok, I'm gonna search for anything of value and you, I don't know, do whatever." He raised an eyebrow and leaned back with a smile. I huffed, having to explain. "You take too much joy in this. I don't need you getting hurt from your dicking around." He started to chuckle and I turned around, huffing off to grab any kind of bag for supplies. "You kill a few deadies and I just sit back enjoying the labors of others?"

"Yes." I looked at him and the smile faded. He strolled over and leaned in, towering over me. "Try running a whole community with shear fear. Then  come talk to me about real work." He walked away and I shook my head. "Stay close." He ordered before disappearing behind one of the large shelfs. 'Stay close.' I mocked his tone as I turned and started stuffing random clothes in my bag.

There were plenty of clothes still on the racks and I was surprised people hadn't nabbed them already. "These look comfy." I picked out a pair of soft jogging pants with some simple t shirts that wouldn't leave my breast to pop out with one wrong move.

"I like this." Negan suddenly came from behind and I pushed at his chest. "Don't sneak up on people like that." He smiled and i trailed my eyes from his grinning face to the article of clothing in his hand. "Are you getting it for Dwight?" I motioned to the matching set of pastel baby blue lace lingerie in hand.

"Well, aren't you a smart ass." He threw the piece in my bag and I tossed it out. "I won't be needing these." I kicked them to the floor and turned back to the rack of clothes. "Who said since the apocalypse, you can't have fun?" He sighed behind me and I shook my head. "You and I have different meanings of fun." I walked past him and went over to find some personal products if there had been any left.

"We have that back home, you know." Negan said as he leaned against the shelf while I picked out some trampled bottles of half filled shampoo and a travel sized tube of toothpaste. "You do. I'm afraid I'm lacking." I didn't bother to look up and shoved random stuff in my bag.

"How long you gonna be?" Negan followed me around. I shrugged my shoulders. "You were out of liquor right? Well, the shop is two stores down." He chuckled and stopped me. " Wherever you go, I go. We aren't separating."

"Fine, then you'll just wait till I'm finished." I looked up at Negan and he smiled. "I love it." Negan laughed and scrunched his nose up by my comment.
As i was about to leave, I noticed something and it made me stop in my tracks. "Ann?" Negan questioned behind me. It was a rack full of baby clothes and I thought back to Maggie. "I'll see you again." I touched the fabric and began stuffing onesie after onesie of every color in my bag. "Having a baby?" Negan walked over and I smiled.

"Any pregnant ladies at your place?" I diverted the question and glanced over at him. He looked up as if to remember. "Probably. Condoms expire and sex passes the time."

"Then we need them." I swung the bag over my shoulder and gripped Negan's hand, as I walked us over to the liquor store.

"What are you getting?" I questioned as Negan browsed the shelfs. "Something better than piss water in a can." He picked up a bottle of whiskey and I chuckled, roaming through the aisles of half broken bottles and trampled glass that crunched with every step.

"Hello, there." I picked up a nameless bottle of alcohol. I didn't know what it was, but it looked like it would get the job done. "Hey, Negan." I whispered yelled and he poked his head out from the other side. "Care for any of the fun stuff?" I shook the bottle in my hand and he smiled, walking over to me. "Can you handle it like you used to?" He smirked down at me and I gently elbowed him in the stomach. "Better than you." I raised my head in pride. Chucking, Negan and I turned, walking back to the truck.

"Shit." I muttered and saw a less than pleasant sight by the truck.