Chapter 8

Kinda a filler chapter... I guess...

Lockwood's P.O.V

Well, now came the hard part. We had to explain to Chris that we had a highly dangerous Type Three ghost that we brought along to our cases.

"Why in Hell do you even have it?!" Chris shouted.

"I closed the lid. It shouldn't be talking!" Lucy squeaked.

"But it is." Chris said, drinking from her flask.

"We've taken the necessary cautions, and we are extremely careful when handling it." I defended.

"But you talk to it!! And you are too attached to it!!" Chris argued. "You need to get rid of it and if you won't, I will."

"NO!!!!" Lucy cried.

"See; Lucy is too attached to this thing." Chris growled "It's nothing but trouble."

"Do you know what it is?" I asked.

"Who knows? Who cares?!" She violently shook the jar. "All I know is that it is a danger to you."

"Please don't." I pleaded. "We can start not using it as much."

"But you'll still have it!!" Chris whisper-shouted.

Then the doorbell rang. And we froze. How were we going to hide it.

"Answer the door, I'll find a place for this thing." Chris quickly ran upstairs and probably went into my room to wait until we were done.

Holly opened the door and let the new guest in.

He was a tall man-taller than me-with dark brown eyes and messy dark brown hair. Framing those eyes were glasses that resembled George's. He wore a black suit, which was rumpled. He was obviously stressed.

"I apologize for not making an appointment, I'm sure you all are very busy, but it is critical for me to talk to you about a certain disturbance in my home." He swiftly said.

"It's no trouble." I assured. "After all, haunting are our business."

"Why don't you tell us about these disturbances Mr..?" Holly spoke.

"Ah! Yes, forgive me for not introduce myself." He sat up in a proud posture. "I am John Madison. I am one of the leading medics for DEPRAC. You may have heard of my sister, Christina Madison. The best international agent there is." He boasted. He cleared hit throat.

I could not believe what I had heard. I had known Chris throughout my childhood, and I had meet her brother a few times. I knew that he wanted to be a medic, but after Chris left I didn't stay too much in touch with her brother, I had other things I was doing, like starting an agency.

"Yes, we know of Chris." Holly chirped.

"Chris? That's what she wants to be called?" He asked, though the answer was clear.

"So, about that ghost." I questioned.

"Right." He said. Then he started, Holly taking notes, Lucy, George, and I listened, occasionally asking questions. My mind occasionally wandering, wondering what Chris was musing herself at this time.

Chris's P.O.V

I was going to go in Anthony's room. I was going to wait there and see what he's using the room for.

But I didn't.

I walked in by, and stopped in front of her room.

"Lockwood would have your head if he knew that you went in this room." The skull in the jar warned me.

He couldn't do that even if he wanted to.

I wrapped my fingers around the icy mettle, with a slow and somber movement, I twisted the metal and opened the door.

The air inside was a musty sent of lavender, cold, and the old times.

The old times

Back when I was a no-name agent. Back when Anthony was just a innocent child. Back when Quill was trying to earn enough money.

Back when Jess was alive.

I knew her. She was my best friend. She offered me a place to stay every time I didn't have a case. She was always there.

Until that day. That day when she died.

Quill blamed Anthony. And Anthony blamed himself.

I blamed no one.

It wasn't any of our faults.

I walked into the room and closed the door behind me. I saw her deathglow. I looked around the room. Nothing had changed except the increase of lavender in her room. She always loved lavender.

I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I could feel her presence, but not the cold unforgiving presence of a ghost full of hate and remorse. I felt the warmth of the sun in Spain, even though the windows were closed. I felt her smile at me, even though I couldn't see her.

"Hey Jess." I called. "Long time no see."

"Who are you talking to? Jess? She's not here." The skull snapped.

"How have you been?" I asked. "Myself? Well, I've been here and there. I've got a name for myself now." I gave a weak laugh. "They say I'm the best international agent. Can you believe that?"

I listened. There was nothing, but I felt her smile and laugh.

"Crazy isn't it? Oh! And Quill! He's not working at the Fitties anymore! Shocking, he always loved working there. And Anthony. He has his own company! He's doing well with it too!" I mused.

Talking to Jess always made me feel better.

"You are an idiot." The skull insulted. I didn't acknowledge it.

I walked and sat in her bed next to her deathglow. It was warm with happiness and love.

"He Jess, you remember when we first meet?" My voice cracked. "Good times huh?" I weakly laughed. "You remember how much Quill hated me? Wasn't he angry because I had all of Anthony's attention?"

I was crying, but it want out of sadness, loss, or morn. I was happy to be back. This was my home. Even though she was dead, she was still here. I could feel it.

"You know, that promise I made." I sniffed. "I've been doing research on it and I think I'm close. I just need time." I felt cold fear creep up on me. She didn't like the idea.

Then I heard a crash.

A/N:

Chapter 8 done. I actually just finished chapter 7 yesterday, but imma make you wait to read this. HA HA HA IM SO EVIL!! Seriously though.

Anyway, hope you are enjoying the story!

GGlitch OUT!!