You Can't Have Me Anymore Chapter 18

Hi all there is an author’s note at the end. Please read it. Enjoy!!! (The pic on the side is a quote by Marilyn Monroe. I think it is quite meaningful :D)

Nicholas’s POV

I can’t believe this. Felicity, my MATE, is standing in front of me. Her eyes were hard and cold, staring directly into mine. I could hear my pack whispering, but all I could do was stare at Her. She had lost all her baby fat and her features were more defined. She looked strong, stronger than the last time I saw her. No wonder at the door the smell was so familiar, yet so different. Her scent was mixed with another scent. And she smelt less innocent. Like…she had been behaving intimately with someone else. The scent smells strangely like the Beta’s scent. I growled internally. No one touches my mate!

[But remember what you did to her?! And you still have the guts to be jealous?!] My wolf snarled. He had been pissed with me ever since I rejected Felicity and mated with Shelby. He never really talked to me and gave me advice anymore like the past.

“What, wolf got your tongue?” Felicity sneered, still looking at me. Her arms were on her hips and her green eyes showed no emotion or whatsoever.

“Hey! Watch your mouth, fat ugly bitch!” Shelby snapped from my right. I growled lowly at her. No one talks about my mate like that. I was about to give Shelby a piece of my mind when Felicity beat me to it.

“And why should I do that, WHORE?” She asked, her frosty glare settling on Shelby. If looks could kill, I am sure Shelby would be ash already. I swear I heard a growl, but as I looked around the room, nobody looked as if it came from them, though I have this nagging suspicion that it came from Alexander.

“Because I am the Alpha Female!” Shelby retorted, this time with a bit of fear.

“Oh yeah? You don’t even have the guts to be one. So you should be the one shutting up and behave yourself before I rip that ugly little head of yours off your shoulders,” Felicity growled, standing up to her full height, staring Shelby down. What actually shocked me the most was the authority she had in her voice. Shelby whimpered, adverting her eyes onto the floor, bowing her head, submitting to Felicity. Only Alphas could do that! I knew my face betrayed my shock as I saw Felicity smirk at me.

Felicity’s POV

Oh my gawd. You should have seen their faces. I tell you, PRICELESS!!! I know the pack was not at fault; they did not bother me. It was only Nicholas and his sluts, especially Shelby, that made me leave. Sigh. Life can be such a coincident, letting enemies see each other after so long. And some things just never change.

“What, wolf got your tongue?” I sneered in their faces, or rather, at Nicholas’s face.

“Hey! Watch your mouth, fat ugly bitch!” The piece of crap sitting beside Nicholas snapped at me. SHE should be the one that is supposed to watch her mouth, not ME!!!

“And why should I do that, WHORE?” I glared at her. A growl sounded in the room as soon as I spoke, and I thought it came from Alex, since it sounded just like him, but I could not be sure. “Because I am the Alpha Female!” Shelby retorted, this time with a bit of fear.

“Oh yeah? You don’t even have the guts to be one. So you should be the one shutting up and behave yourself before I rip that ugly little head of yours off your shoulders,” I growled, standing up to my full height, staring Shelby down. I let some Alpha authority seep into my voice, turning it into a command than a request.