You Can't Have Me Anymore Chapter 12

Thank you guys for your votes and comments. And TheMirrorWithSecrets, my SLR model is Canon PWSH G12. It’s a compact SLR. Quite cool, I must say. Anyways, on with the story!!!

Nicholas’s POV

My life is living hell. I am pestered by Shelby all day long, my “dad” is a cold blooded creature and my mom is totally useless. Shelby comes home every day with a new scent all over her. Though she is not my real mate, I still feel really angry at the way she disregards me. How dare she fool around with other people when she is mated with me?!

The door downstairs opened, interrupting my train of thoughts. I could smell the strong scent of Shelby and someone else fill the house. Knowing Shelby, the scent is mixed with hers. I am now living in my own house with my ‘mate’. It was supposed to be designed for me and Felicity, but right now I have to live with Shelby. I heard the door to my study open and looked up, already knowing who was there.

“Hey darling! How are you today? Are you going to sleep with me tonight?” Shelby asked me in her nasal voice.

I could hear the double meaning behind her innocent sounding question. “What do you think? You sleep with every guy under the sun and you still have the guts t ask me whether I want to sleep next to a slut? How am I supposed to sleep?” I replied, my temper already boiling. It seems that lately I’m quite touchy.

“But it’s not my fault that my own mate doesn’t want to sleep with me! All you think of is that bitch that ran away! I am your mate now, not her!”

That was all it took for me to give her one tight slap, sending her flying to the wall. Must have used too much strength. But I’m not sorry. I thought she deserved it, though it won’t change her one bit. “Do not talk about my mate like that! She is my mate, not you!” I snarled at her, my hands balled up into fists. I was trembling, but I had to control myself and not shift into my wolf and rip her into pieces. I know my eyes are already red and my fangs are out; a partial shift taking place.

She got up from the floor slowly, covering where I hit her. She looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks. I could see a red hand mark forming in her face. If it was someone else, I would have felt guilty, but this is the pack’s slut I had as my ‘mate’, and her tears are as fake as her whole body.

“I know you don’t like me, but you don’t have to treat me like shit! That whore that ran away is not even worth your time! I bet now she’s also hooked up with some other guy!” Shelby screamed at me.

I could not control my anger anymore. “I SAID; DO NOT TALK ABOUT FELICITY LIKE THAT!!!!!” I roared and shifted into my wolf, my eyes blood-crimson red, fangs longer than its normal size, and lunged at her. I could not think. All I thought of was to kill her and rip her into shreds. If it was not for the fact that somebody burst in through the door and managed to stop me in time, I’m pretty sure this place would be a bloody mess.

“Nicholas! Calm down!” That voice sounded oddly familiar but I can’t place my mind on who. My animal instincts were still raging, all directing at one person who was now busy scurrying away, out of the house.

I let out a ferocious snarl and growled at the person holding me down. I snapped at him, wanting him to let go. I think he called for backup coz the next thing I knew I was being held down by a few other people.

“Nicholas Samuel Roth! Stop attacking your mate!” I heard another voice boom. The word mate set me off again, making me struggle even more. I was foaming by the mouth, clawing, trying to get out of the people’s restraining hands. I bet I looked like a rabid dog gone crazy. I could tell that I was succeeding in my attempt to break free as more people were called to hold me down.