Chapter 42

Victoria's P.O.V

I woke up and stretched my body making my shoulders bone to crack, it felt so good too.

I got in the shower, and turned the water on. Cold water hit my body and I yelped in surprise. I immediately turned the handle to turn the water hot. I showered and washed my hair with my coconut shampoo.

I finished my shower and got dressed. It was already 7:30 A.m, I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. Mom stood on her bathrobe and with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Hey mom," I said, giving her a smile. "Hey sweetie." She said, giving a closed mouth smile.

I waved goodbye and walked to the living room and grabbed my jacket. I walked outside to where April was waiting for me already. I speed walked to her car since it was freezing outside.

We got to school shortly and meet our friends at the door. Jade was wrapped in Danny's arm; Jackson was indulged in a conversation with Damon but as soon as we walked to them they both stopped talking. Jackson flashed me a knowing smile and I nodded.

Aprils birthday was coming up soon and Jackson and I were planning a surprise birthday party for her. It was hard to keep secrets from April, somehow she always figures a way to find it out.

"Hey beautiful," Jackson said giving April a kiss on the lips.

"Hey guys," I said waving at them all. "Hey Vicky." They said in unison.

We talked until the bell rang and we all walked to our classes. I walked to my first period class, I sat down. Class started and I looked to the empty seat on my left, where the hell was Drew?

I slowly fished my phone from my pocket and settled it on my lap. I unlocked it and went to the message app, I found Drew's number and texted him asking where he was. Not five minutes passed before my phone vibrated with an oncoming text from him.

I wasn't feeling good...

That was all it said, I looked at it confused. He would have told me if he wasn't coming to school. I don't know why but I felt like he was lying. I put my phone away and let it go for the moment.

I grabbed my notebook and pen from my bag and started writing down what Mr. Lewis had on his PowerPoint.

I soon found myself thinking about Drew again. I felt like there was something wrong with him and I needed to find out what. Class was soon over and I walked to the bathroom. I fished my phone out and dialed his number, my call was sent straight to voicemail.

Okay, that was weird. He most have turned his phone off, he knew I would have kept bugging him about not coming to school.

The late bell rang and I rapidly walked to my English class. April and Jade were already seating at our usual spot. "Are you okay?" April asked, she most have seen my worried look.

"Drew didn't come to school today and I texted him and all he said was that he wasn't feeling well. I then called him after class and my call was sent straight to voicemail." I said, and her brows frowned together. "That's weird." She said, and Jade nodded.

"I know, I'll have to stop by his house after school and see what's going on with him." I said, and they nodded. "You do that." Jade said.

We all stopped talking when Mrs. White started teaching her class.

The school day finished in a flash and I was already on my way home with April. "You go find out what's wrong with your man." April said parking in front of my house. "I will," I said waving her goodbye and getting out of the car.

I walked to Drews' house and knocked on the door. Vincent opened the door, his hair was a mess and there were visible dark bags under his eyes. "Hey," I said, I didn't asked why he looked so rough. I really didn't wanted to intrude in his personal business.

"Is Drew here?" I asked, he shook his head. "Just missed him," He said yawning. I frowned, "Okay, can you let him know I came by?" He nodded, and I waved him goodbye before walking to my own house.

I fished my keys from my bag and unlocked the door. I settled my keys on the counter and walked to the kitchen where I smelled something good. Mom was in front of the stove, a cooking book was placed in the counter next to her. She was cutting up vegetables and throwing them in boiling water.

"Hey mom," I said, looking at her with an amuse and confused look. "Hey sweetie," She said cheerfully. Well, that's something new.

"What are you doing?" I asked, taking my jacket off and placing it in the stool.

"I'm making dinner, we are having company today." She said, her smile widening.

"Company?" I asked confused.

"Yes, Doctor Adams is accompanying us tonight." I wiggled my eyebrows, and she waved me off.

"Nothing like that, Charles and I are just good friends that haven't chat in a while." She said, a small smile adorned her face.

"Huh, we are  referring to him as Charles now?" I said smirking. Her cheeks turned crimson. I only chuckled, it was nice to see my mom like this, I missed it.

_____

Wow, it has been a long time. How are you guys doing? I'm finally on vacation which gave me the time to update. I hope you guys like this chapter, I know is short but there would be more updates soon.

Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas 😊

Love you all ❤️