Chapter 4

Victoria's P.O.V

Loren was drying her hands with a dishcloths. "Hey Loren, anything I can help with?" I asked, and she shook her head. "No everything done, but thanks for asking love." She said, and I nodded smiling.

"Drew?" She called out, I looked behind me to noticed he wasn't there. When did he leave?

He walked in, a shirt on, thank God. "Yes mom?" He asked, with a bored face. "Would you be so kind and set the table?" She said, smiling sweetly at him. He smiled, a real smile. A kind of smile that showed the dimples I didn't know he had. "Sure mom," He said walking away. I could tell he had a soft spot for his mom.

"He can't resist my pleading look." She said, giggling a little.

"Done," Drew said, walking back to the leavingroom. "Okay, stay with the pretty girl while I put the food on the table." Loren said, smiling at us.

"Pretty girl?" He said, chuckling. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Why are you stalking me?" He said, now becoming more serious. Bipolar much?

"What?" I asked, laughing. "Don't be too full of yourself, your mom invited me over and I didn't want to be rude by saying no." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah right. I know you want me nerd, but you're looking very needy right now." He said, smirking. Seriously? what's with this guy? he sure had a gigantic ego. "You are so full of yourself, how can you fit in this house with that humongous ego of yours?" I said, now irritated with this cocky bastard.

"Feisty, I like that." He said, winking and chuckling. I rolled my eyes and growled in annoyance.

"Guys, come eat!" I heard Loren call from what I assumed was the dinning room, and I've never been happier. Drew started walking and I followed him. We sat at the dinning table, and guess who was sitting across from me. Mr. Ego himself, an amused look adorned his face. "Dig in, don't be shy." Loren said, and she didn't have to tell me twice.

I carefully served myself some pasta and grabbed a garlic stick from another plate. This looked delicious! I looked up when when I was eating my pasta and Drew was smirking at me. I then felt a kick on my knee, and I looked down and saw his leg. "Very matured," I mouthed, when his mom wasn't looking. He only smirked, and kept eating his food.

I wish I could smack that smirk off his face with a chair, yeah, that would be freaking amazing.

"So, how's school Victoria?" Loren asked, taking a fork-full of pasta to her mouth. Why do adults have the need to ask about school? It's school, is a boring place where we shouldn't be sent five days a week, eight hours a day. Is depressing, just not a good place for me. "Is good," I answered instead.

"That is good. Any boyfriend?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I gulped my food slowly, and looked up. That's another question they loved to ask.

"Um, no." I said, awkwardly. I noticed Drew was trying to supreme his laughter. Stupid jerk!

"Aww, but I bet you have tons of boys behind you. You're very beautiful." She said, and  I blushed. She was so sweet. "No, but it's okay. I'm just trying to get through my last year of school with no distraction." I said, and I didn't missed the roll of Drew eyes.

This dude was really getting on my nerves, like what the hell is his problem?

"They must be blind than," She said frowning.

"They are not blind, they just see the true." Drew Mumbled, I snapped my eyes to him. He was calmly still eating his food, no trace of guilt on his face.

"Drew Alexander Smith! Apologize, right now." Loren said, glaring at his son.

"Sorry," He said, but I knew he was anything but sorry. After that the room was silent, you could cut the tension with a scissor, but nobody made an effort to start a conversation. And I wished it had stayed like that because I really wasn't looking forward to the next question.

"Well, what is it that your mom do?" Loren asked, and I swallowed hard. My hands were sweaty, I had to lie, and I really didn't want to lie to her, but I had no choice. "Um, she's a cop." I said, and it wasn't entirely a lie. Mom was a cop before everything happened. "Oh, thats interesting." She said, and I nodded. But it was her job that ruined everything, she was never home, always working late hours.

I looked at Drew, who had an emotionless look. His eyes connected with mine, but I soon found myself looking away from his bluish eyes.

We soon finished, and I helped Loren clean the table. "Thanks so much Loren, the food was delicious. " I said, smiling sweetly at her. "No problem sweetie, you're welcome here whenever you please." She said, smiling brightly at me.

I remember when my mom use to smile at me like that.

I shook my head to clear the image of my mom, and placed a smile on my face. "Well, I have to go, but thanks again." I said, and she waved it off. "Stop thanking me sweetie, is no problem." She said, and we slowly walked to the door. I waved at her, and walked to my house.

Well, wasn't that something?

__________

I'm back! Hey guys, how are you all doing today?

It's so hot here! :(

But anyway, how y'all like the chapter? Honest answers (:

Comment/ vote/ share? ❤

Much love:
Mayte