Crazy Monsters

All the characters are Rick Riordan's.

Nico POV

The demigod camps were quite insane, and I don't hate that. Just a month or two after war, and we're having a Capture the Flag game between camps. If the Amazons weren't so busy with their business, they might also get thrown into this battle royale.

"Nico! Help me with the supplies, will you?!"

Will Solace jogged to the infirmary with first-aid kits. He was the head medic from Apollo cabin, in charge of taking the injured, friend or foe to infirmary.

If it's foe, he could just add some extra to the medicine so they'd sleep through the game.

Due to rarity of Hades' offspring, I was still the sole inhabitor of my cabin, also the counselor. By the way, I remodeled my cabin. The coffin and requiem playing every night? No way. I was a guy who couldn't sleep with noise.

And I kept banging my nose everytime I turned inside my coffin-bed, so no.

Moreover, after my time in Underworld, being used to death didn't mean you'd like it. Sometimes, you just wanted to stay off as far as possible from them.

I carried several boxes full of bandages, crutches, and blood packs, in case things get bloody. The games involved real weapons, after all. Now, I really hoped this wouldn't turn out to a real war. Training games like this had occasional life-and-death prophecies following.

" Alright. we've got 5 forts, heavily guarded. Ballistaes, scorpions, and catapults are loaded."

Clarisse supervised a meeting of Greeks with the seven in the Big House. Hunters of Artemis had a meeting in the forest, while the Romans in the fields. That way, no cheating.

" I got one flag in underwater fort. Let's see how they find it." Percy grinned.

" Your idea?" Malcolm asked.

" Of course....not. Duh, who do you think he is?" Annabeth chimed in.

All went silent for a while, then chorused.

" Idiot."

" Got that right."

"HEY!!"

They all laughed heartily. That was make Greek demigods, well, Greek. No coordination whatsoever, but too much tenacity and guts.

I was standing in the corner, until that Kelp Head decided to bring me in.

" So, Death Boy. What do you think?"

All eyes turned to me. Ugh, why couldn't they have Athena kids do it? I'm completely worthless in being a talker.

" I guess...concentrating defense on the fort farthest from the lake should be nice."

Annabeth's eyebrows arched. She nodded while Percy was, of course, totally oblivious.

" I see. That makes sense."

I became a wild card for them. More like, I wasn't good at following strategies at all. If I could, I would've fitted better at Camp Jupiter. Well, it's not like I couldn't wipe out a batallion or two myself, so all should be fine.

I hope.

"Nico!"

Percy's voice broke me out of stupor easily. I gasped and looked at him.

"What?"

" Dude, I've been calling you for quite some time now! I was asking if you wanna join my team."