XIV: You Changed Me

Start from the beginning

"Of course, nice to see you again, Woods." My dad held out his hand for Lexa to shake.

She took his hand and shook firmly. "Lexa's fine, sir."

"Don't be so formal, Lexa, we work together periodically." My dad let go of Lexa's hand before letting us in. "Abby! Guess who decided to come visit, finally?"

"Dad! I talk to you guys on the phone all the time, and I've tried to find a time to come see you, but you guys were too busy." I whined.

"You're so cute when you whine." Lexa whispered her compliment before giving me a kiss on the cheek. What was her deal today?

"I know kiddo, and I'm sorry about that." My dad was completely unaware of Lexa being so touchy-feely, because he was leading us to the kitchen where my mom was probably making our dinner for the night.

"Clarke. I'm glad you arrived. I see you brought a friend." My mom stopped what she was doing and came to give me a hug, which I accepted.

"Nice to see you too, mom." I mumbled as we hugged and when she finally stopped hugging me she looked over to Lexa. "Mom, this is Lexa... my girlfriend." I didn't know whether to consider her as my girlfriend or not, but we were a thing as Lexa said, so I assumed. Lexa grabbed my hand and squeezed, I was sure it was to assure me on the term I used between us.

My mom gave me a smile before going in to hug Lexa. "Well, it's nice to meet you again, Lexa." Lexa had to let go of my hand and awkwardly hug my mom. "How's your hand, actually?" My mom said as she released Lexa from the hug, who was now being very awkward.

"It's... alright. It has been a year... Thank you by the way." I couldn't help but laugh at how awkward she was to other people randomly hugging her. She had to get use to you for it or be the one to initiate anything before she could just accept hugs.

I was also curious about what my mom and Lexa talked about. "Wait! You know each other?"

"Lexa was one of my patients when she came in for a meeting at Arkadia. What was it that you said she did again, Jake?"

My dad came back, handing Lexa a scotch. "Something happened during the meeting that pissed her off. She ended up punching the wall, even though it was a brick wall, she still managed to make it shake. She ended up breaking her hand due to the fact. I don't blame her for getting angry, the guys we were working with had completely ripped us off." I looked at Lexa and she just ducked her head down taking a drink of her scotch.

"Yep, so I treated her. She fractured one of the bones in her hand. It was a fun time, well for me."

"Mom."

"Yes?"

"You're burning dinner." I pointed over to the stove that was now smoking. My mom was a good cook, but when she gets distracted, this happens.

"Shit! Jake can you come help me?" My mom ran to the stove, opening it and pulling out burned chicken. Man, I love my mom's chicken!

"Lexa and I will be upstairs, putting our stuff up there." I looked to Lexa who then downed her scotch and sat the glass on the island before I grabbed her hand and we took the suit cases up.

{£££}

I was watching Lexa help my mom remake dinner for tonight. Tomorrow was going to be a lot more cooking and probably just me watching because my mom doesn't trust me with a stove. Even though I caught the food on fire one time! I was only twelve. I just loved watching Lexa move around the kitchen with her shirt sleeves rolled up and her hair in a quick messy bun, slightly dancing to the music that my mom decided to play. She was starting to loosen up around my mom; she was even laughing. It wasn't until she looked at me and was kind of laughing at me that I knew why she was laughing so hard. My mom was retelling the same story I just mentioned.