X: Alive and Awake

"Thinking of you keeps me awake, being with you keeps me alive"

¢Clarke¢

"Where are we going?" I asked Lexa. I was in the passenger seat of Anya's car, which Anya let Lexa borrow for our date. The fact that she actually had Anya drop it off to us at the museum without complaint is really nice. She was driving pretty fast, since we weren't in the city anymore. Actually we were practically in the middle of nowhere with a lot of trees.

She smirked and gave me a smart ass answer, "Grandma's house." Then she gave me a serious expression. "If you remember last night so well, then why don't you know where we're going?"

"Okay, wise guy, keep it up." I threatened.

"Or what?" She dared.

I gave her an evil grin, "No calls for a week." That immediately shut her up. But, I regret saying that, because her voice is what keeps me sane any day. We rode in silence for a long while and all I kept seeing were trees. And more trees. Oh, a street sign. Even more trees.

Her speed was terrifying. She was pushing ninety on a fifty-five road. She was lucky for the road being clear. "I don't think Anya will be very happy knowing you wrecked her car." She laughed, then look at me. "Don't look at me, look at the road!"

She just smirked and slowly looked back at the road to irritate me. "Don't worry, baby girl, I know what I'm doing. We won't get caught, and we definitely won't get hurt."

"How do you know that there isn't a cop sitting right around the corner." I asked.

She just ignored me, but acknowledged my concern and dropped her speed, but only to eighty. I let out a sigh of defeat and stared out of the window beside me. I barely pay attention as we go. I didn't even notice Lexa's hand in mine until she squeezed gently. I stared at our interlocked hands in happiness, but also funnily. I enjoyed her hand being in mine. Hers molded perfectly with mine and felt like they were welded together, unable to break. My staring was so bad that I didn't realize we stopped until she let go of my hand and put the car in park. I stare at my hand in bewilderment. Who gave her the right?

"We're here." She gave me a genuine smile. Have I ever said how amazingly breathtaking her smile is? It's beautiful and comforting, but still has that twist of flirt to it.

We were parked in a very empty parking lot on the side of the road. There were also branching trails around the parking lot. I slowly got out of the car with Lexa and waited for her as she got in the trunk. She pulled out a basket and a very large red blanket. "Here, let me help you." I offered, going for the blanket, but she refused, murmuring that she's got it. I nodded and backed off from helping. "So, how did you come by this place?"

"I found it one day, while visiting my sister. I was so stressed out from work, finances, and a really bad relationship, so I came out here to vent. I just sat peacefully on a hill, in a clearing and watched the sun fall behind the trees, then laid back and watched the stars for a bit." She said all of this while shutting the trunk and walking off towards one of the trails, which I followed closely beside her. "It was very stress relieving."

"Never saw you for the nature type." I said truthfully.

She smiled, "I'm a lot of things, Clarke. I love admiring nature and I do think we need to respect earth more. I'm not a tree hugger, though. I don't protest the protection of wildlife, but I would probably give to wildlife preservation." I nodded in understanding, giving her a smile back. "So, enough about me, Clarke. What about you?"