XIII: Bad Habits

"Bad Habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of"

£Lexa£

I was back at my house, getting ready for work, doing the usual routine I do. Exercise, take a shower, get ready and go. Well, not exactly go, because someone decided to call me. My cellphone was ringing while I was drying my hair so I didn't hear it until I turned off my hair dryer. Can a girl get ready for the day without being interrupted! Jesus fucking Christ! I pick up my phone and as I read the caller ID I sigh and answer Anya.

"How's it going with your crippled friend?" I asked, accentuating friend, just to piss her off.

I could hear her glowering at me, "Shut up you god damn ignorant ass son of a-"

"Woah, chill! I was joking!" I defended myself. She's so defensive every time I bring up anything that has to do with Raven. Since that day Clarke and I both had trouble with them. Clarke said she couldn't even say Anya's name around Raven without her getting slapped for saying it. Anya starts swearing left and right at me if I say anything that sounds like I'm mentioning Raven. But it was all worth finding out why. Oh, getting the details from what happened to them last Friday was just gold.

£Last Saturday£

I drove to Anya's house later in the afternoon after my day with Clarke. I haven't really spent any time with friends since I got in to New York, so I decided to go meet up with Anya. I texted her I was coming over, but I never got a reply. So, I just went anyway. When I got there and into her apartment she was storming around the house cursing everything in sight. She was also stirring something in a cup vigorously. She was pissed alright and also looked like she was coming down from a hangover.

"Hey, Anya." I greeted her, but I got a nasty response back.

"What!" She was scowling at me until she realized it was me, "Shit, sorry Lex."

"Damn, who put salt in your coffee today?" I muttered, not thinking she heard me. She was obviously in a pissy mood.

"Haha, very funny!" Anya said with bitter sarcasm. "If you must know, figuratively it was Raven." She spat Raven's name out like it was the nastiest thing she has ever tasted, no pun intended.

I almost laughed, but she glared at me and I shut up. "Why, what did she do?"

"What didn't she do? Me! That's what she didn't do, because she fell asleep!" She threw her free hand up in the air and started storming around some more. That information was a little too much, but you know, it's Anya.

"Are you really angry about not getting any? You guys were both drunk as hell, of course she fell asleep." I tried to defend Raven some with the information I got from Clarke.

She scowled at me, but then sighed. "I mean, I woke her up and she was all for it again. So, I started taking her brace off, but I didn't know how. I ended up breaking it. We both heard it break and she freaked out. We both yelled at each other until she said to just take her home since she couldn't walk with a broken brace."

"So, you're mad at her for getting mad at you for breaking her brace. It makes no sense." I said, still defending Raven a little. "How did you even break it?"

"I don't know. And it's not that she got mad, it's what she said. She could have been more reasonable as well, instead of just blowing up on me." Anya started getting angry again, she was stirring what ever was in that cup ten times faster than before.