XIV: You Changed Me

Wait to play song.

"You change your life by changing your heart"

¢Clarke¢

All I could do was smile! Here I was, in front of my childhood house, standing next to Lexa, and being overwhelmed by the thought of seeing my parents for the first time since I moved into my apartment in New York. They call to check up on me all the time, but they are just too busy with work, which is understandable. Okay, maybe it wasn't a house, but more like a small mansion. I was already overjoyed with the warmer, but still cool air and the color of the changing leaves as some fell into my parents nicely kept lawn that stretched far. I remember so much that happened in this yard. My dad and I chasing after each other, playing tag when he was home. Raking up leaves into a giant pile with Raven and jumping into it. Having snowball fights with Jasper, Monty, Raven, Miller and Monroe. Oh, and the party I threw Junior year of highschool that my parents were pissed at for the longest of time. Oh, and my first kiss in sixth grade, crazy thing that happened, it was with a boy named Logan. We were in the tree, that was the big Oak in the middle of the lawn, now all red and orange, and he fell backwards when I kissed him and broke his arm. He didn't talk to me again and he moved away in highschool. Oh, good times.

After my fond memories, I looked over to Lexa who was looking around at my parents home. She smiled for a reason that was unknown to me before looking at me, but still keeping the smile, or did it grow bigger. "You're parent's place looks beautiful," she paused as she slid behind me and snaked her arms around my abdomen, resting her chin on my shoulder, "but not as beautiful as you!"

I giggled as her breath feathered the exposed skin on my neck, warm in the chill we stood in, and her lips or nose grazed my neck. The soft touch made me shiver. I felt her plush lips press softly not that long after, with a smile still spread across her face. Then she repeated the actions repeatedly, but at a medium pace. "Alright, you're just trying to stall now aren't you?" I enquired with a smile still splayed on my face.

"No..." she kissed again before speaking, "what makes you think that?" And again there was another kiss planted on my neck.

"You're stalling, because you're not ready to meet my parents."

She stopped kissing me and before I knew it I was slung over Lexa's shoulder gently, but I still managed to let out of squeal on accident. "Cute!" Lexa commented about the squeal while she rolled our luggage to the front door. I pounded on her back playfully as she got a better grip on me. "I'm more than ready to meet your parents, Clarke." And with that said, I rested my arm on her shoulder and held my chin up, defeated by her ability to, one, lift me up, and two, carry me. I heard Lexa knock on the front door before setting me down.

She was being especially touchy today. When she met me at my apartment she was hugging and touching my arms, shoulders and back continually. On the jet ride she suggested we take to Ohio, because it was faster, she had her hand on my thigh or lower back and was giving me short, sweet kisses either on the cheek or the lips. Now she couldn't stop, she had her arm around my shoulders at the moment saying silly things into my ear. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed her touch, but what was her deal?

Lexa kissed me on the top of the head when the door opened. "Clarke! It's about damn time I've seen you!" I heard my dad's soothing voice fill my brain as Lexa pulled her arm off my shoulders.

"Dad!" I was in my dad's arms as soon as Lexa's arm was off of me. He smelled like he did when I was a child and the smell engulfed me as he also engulfed me in his arms. I took a deep breath, taking in the childhood memories with the scent, before mumbling, "I missed the both of you." I let go of my dad and stepped back so I was rubbing shoulders with Lexa. I looked over at Lexa with a smile before intertwining our fingers together. "Dad, I think you already know, Lexa Woods and vise versa right?"