Chapter 14: Send Help

Ashton's POV

"Common Ashton just get the fuck out of the car and go to the door." I whispered to myself as I stared at the house.

Very rarely did I get this nervous. I felt like there was a rock sitting at the pit of my stomach, pushing me down, forcing me to stay in the car. My palms were sweaty, my heart was racing, and I was nervously bouncing my knee up and down. I closed my eyes for a quick second before taking a deep breath and forcing myself out of the car and onto the street.

I walked up the pathway to the house and knocked on the door. I thought for a second I had knocked too quietly until I heard her mouth.

"Lucas if that's you forgetting your god damn keys again I'm going to fucking leave you outside." I heard her say from inside the house.

I cringed in my spot on their front porch as I heard her approaching the door, digging my hands further into my pockets, as if that would actually protect me. The lock clicked and the door swung open, revealing a pretty pissed off Lindsey. I hadn't seen her in months, but nothing about her had changed a bit. Her jet black hair was piled on top of her head in a messy bird nest like bun. She was showing more skin than the average girl with a crop top revealing her belly button piercing and tiny waist and short shorts that left little to the imagination.  Her makeup was heavy just like always, outlining her dark piercing eyes, which made me feel vulnerable whenever she looked at me.

"Oh hey Ashy. I thought you were Luke, long time no see." she smirked as she leaned against the door frame, crossing her arms over her chest, and propping the door open behind her with her foot.

I gulped, my mouth suddenly dry, "Uh yeah no, can I uh, can I talk to you about something?"

She smiled, "Of course, come in."

I stepped inside the house, which literally looked like a shit hole. God, Luke regretted to inform me of his living conditions. The whole house smelt like booze, cigarettes, and cheap perfume. There were piles of laundry, which I assumed were dirty, all over the room. From what I could see the kitchen looked like she had just served a 4 course meal, minus the clean up, and the whole house looked as though there was a thin layer of grim over everything.

Now I'm not saying I'm Mr. OCD and was completely orderly, but this house looked like it hadn't seen disinfectant or soap in months.

She sat down on the couch, patting the seat next to her, "Come. Sit."

I sat at the very edge of the couch, furthest away from her. I was just going to start my speech that I was preparing in my head for the past hour when she decided to speak first.

"Gosh Ash you look damn good. When was the last time I saw you?" she moved closer to me placing her hand on my bicep, "Was it your party close to a year ago?"

"Yep..." I answered, growing increasingly more uncomfortable and nervous because I knew this was not going to end well. I don't know what I hated more the fact that she was touching me or the fact that she was unusually calm. Calm Lindsey now usually meant gigantic catastrophic disaster later.

"So, what have you been up to? You still writing music?" she asked, taking one of my curls and tucking it behind my ear.

I tried to move over a bit but bumped into the arm of the couch, "Look we..need...we have to talk."

She giggled moving closer to me again, "You were always a right to business kind of guy, weren't you Ash?" She was so close to me I could feel her breath right on my neck. As soon as I felt her try to kiss my neck, I sprung off the couch.