Chapter 53: One Last Time

Start from the beginning

Could it be that he now knew the real identity of Dara?

-------
DARA'S POV

I squinted my eyes open and lifted my head when i woke up. I suddenly felt pain around my neck because of my awkward position. I looked at myself and that's when i realized that i was tied in a chair. A thick rope was holding my body securely, both hands tied behind my back. A shackle chain was locked around my left foot to restrain me. My mouth was covered by a duct tape preventing me to create any sound. Where the hell am i?

"So... the princess is finally awake, huh!" I heard a low grunting voice as a scary bulk looking man with a bunch of tattoos suddenly emerged in front of me. "How was you're sleep?" He asked as he caressed my face. I avoided his touch as he laughed at my reaction. I glared at him and tried to speak but only a muffled sound can be heard.

Another man that was thinner but scarier came into view and stood right next to the man in front grinning from ear to ear. He looked at me from head to toe like a pervert that he was. "Aww, can't talk? You want me to remove that gag off you?" He laughed hard as the bulk man joined in. "I will, if you keep quiet and....you'll let me kiss you here." He pointed at my lips that was being covered by a tape. "And here..." now he pointed at my neck. I'm really scared right now, i can feel my whole body trembling in fear. God help me.

Bulk man didn't stop laughing as he eyed me as well. He pulled the tape from my mouth a bit too harshly that it stung. "Who are you and what do you want from me?!" I shouted but only received the same reaction.

"We don't need anything from you, but our boss do. You'll know soon enough." The thin guy said.

"Let me go! I swear you're gonna pay for this! Stupid bastards!" I shouted at them again but earned a loud and hard slap on my face. I felt something wet trickle down from my lips. Damn it hurts.

"See what you made me do? Now you're all bloody. Does it hurt?" He asked and both of them started laughing again. "I told you to keep quiet."

I scoffed at them and can't stop myself from yelling. "Is that all you can do? Hurt a girl tied in a chair? You're nothing but a coward piece of shit!" I shouted again and now he gave me a twin slap on my face. Now that really hurts like hell. Why should i open my big mouth again? Arggg!!!

He grabbed my chin tightly which added to my aching face and lips. "No one calls me a coward you hear me?!" He screamed in my face with furious eyes as he lifted his hand in the air to slap me again. I closed my eyes shut, waiting for the pain to come but it didn't. I opened my eyes to see what happened and was shocked when i saw the man who stopped the hand in midair.

"Donghae?" I whispered.

He grabbed the man's shirt and pulled him away from me. He suddenly punched him in the face and i swear i heard a click sound from the man's jaw. The man immediately stumbled on the ground but Donghae didn't stop. He walked towards him and gave him another punch after another until the man's face couldn't be recognized anymore.

"Stop it, please!" I screamed and that made him abruptly halt. He stood up not letting his eyes off the poor man lying on the ground. "Don't kill him." I softly said but i know he heard it.

"Oh God, that was amazing!" I suddenly heard a familiar voice as both of us looked at the direction where it came from. "Just like the drama i've watched on tv, but more realistic."

My eyes widen in shock when i saw who it was. "Jaejoong?" I asked, shock visible on my face. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

He pointed his index finger to himself as if clueless to what i was saying. "Me?" He asked still wearing a confused look. "Well, i came here to see you Dara. Don't you miss me?" He said as he frowned deeply, acting as if hurt.

He walked towards me as i gave him a deadly glare. "All this time, it was you all along? " i muttered not taking my eyes off of him.

"No, not just me. You forgot your friend over here." He shifted his gaze from me to Donghae whose standing beside the guy he had just beaten. I saw him look everywhere but me. "He's just a little shy to admit it." Jaejoong added.

"Why are you doing this? What have i done to you?!" I shouted at them as i prevented my tears threatening to fall.

"You've done nothing wrong. We just need you my friend." Jaejoong said as he flashed a playful grin.

"Need me for what?"

"You'll know soon but for now, make yourself comfortable, although our accommodation here is a bit tight." He mockingly said as he eyed the rope tied tightly around me.

"If i had known when i first met you that you're up to no good, I never should have trusted you!" I spat words to him while taking deep breaths to control myself from crying. How can i be so stupid?

"Well, that's the problem with you Dara. You easily trust people just because they show kindness to you. Tsk tsk tsk." He shook his head before he continued. "You never learned just like your father." He said. I was taken aback with what he said.

"My...my father? You know him?" I asked tears now streaming down my face. He smirked at me before he turned around and head towards the door. "Jaejoong!! Come back here!" I screamed but he ignored it.

The moment he was out of sight, my eyes instantly landed to the man i now despised. His eyes was still fixed on the floor not bothering to look at me. "What is he saying Donghae?" I grudgingly asked as i waited for him to speak but no words came out of his mouth. "What is he talking about?!? Answer me!!!"

"Dara..."

"I trusted you.. but it seems that everything was just a lie." I said. I bowed my head as tears uncontrollably fall from my eyes.

"Dara, what i told you before, it was all real." He said. He finally stepped forward and walked towards me but stopped in the middle when he saw my eyes narrowed into tiny slits as i looked back at him.

"You're wrong. This is the real you. You just pretended to be my friend to gain my trust. Are you happy now? Are you contented that you made me look like a fool?" I told him. My heart is pounding really hard inside my chest. I look at his eyes and hurt spread all over his face, fist curled in a tight ball.

It took him a while before he finally spoke. "I like you Dara. I've always liked you ever since, even before you knew me." He said as he met my stare, a tear escaped his left eye. "And even if i knew that you won't be able to return what i feel for you, its ok. As long as i can still see you smile everyday." He said and i felt my heart squeezed in pain. I never thought that he felt that way about me. I like him too, but only as a brother.

"Donghae..." i said to him calmly this time.

"You don't need to feel sorry for me Dara. I told you its ok." He said and heaved a deep sigh before he continued. "But there's one last thing i want you to do for me." He asked as i looked at him a bit confused. "Trust me again, one last time." He said and for that he bowed and turned his back to leave. I was again left here alone in this room, dumbfounded.