Chapter 44: Masks Off

"Jiyong sir. Kwon Jiyong..."

"What are you doing here?" Appa asked and pulled me behind his back as if protecting me.

"Appa, he's my friend." I said grabbing his arm.

"No, you can't be friends with him Dara. Go upstairs, i'l handle him." He said with authority.

"No Appa, tell me why are you acting like this?" I raised my voice a little.

"I said go to your room now! Don't wait for me to get mad Dara." He shouted and that startled me. This is the first time that he shouted at me. Mom heard the screaming from the kitchen and immediately went to my side.

"Yeobo, what's happening? Why is everyone yelling?" She asked looking at everyone including Jiyong. "Jiyong, what's wrong?"

"Ask Mr. Park. He knows what's wrong." He said as he stared at appa.

Appa averted his gaze back to Jiyong and walked towards him. He grabbed his collar causing Jiyong to let go of the food he was holding. "Get out of here and don't you dare come back!" He shouted and pushed Jiyong away. He stumbled and almost dropped on the floor but he immediately regain his balance.

"Appa! Stop it! Why are doing this?!?" I screamed at the top of my lungs and that earned me a loud slap across my face. It stings but i didn't try holding my face to ease the pain. What i'm feeling right now is more painful but i don't have a choice but to do what i came here for, ask him the truth. "Is it true? That i'm not who i think i am?" I said coldly and i saw my father's face paled even more. I look at mom and she has the same reaction. "Tell me appa. Tell me the truth! Am i just a living lie?!" I shouted. I can't control myself anymore and my tears started to fall continuously from my eyes.

"Dara dear, calm down..." mom said and tried to grab my hand but i pulled it away before she can reached it.

"Omma, why didn't you tell me?" I asked her as i saw tears fell from her eyes as well.

"We wanted to, but it will only hurt you." She said.

"Why? Do you think i'm not hurt right now? All this time i lived a life different from who i really am." I said and saw appa lowered his head. "Tell me the truth. All of it." I said.

"Dara..."

"Please...i need to know." I said and looked at him in the eye. He sighed, defeated and gestured for me to sit down.

"You were so young back then and you were traumatized. You can't remember anything when Jin Young brought you here. You were scared and fragile. That time, i can't bear a child that's why i was happy when you came. I didn't ask him where you came from, all i cared about is that we can keep you as a child of our own." Mom said and more tears fell from my eyes.

"Who are my real parents?" I asked looking at appa. He first sighed deeply before answering my question.

"I met your father when i was working at the Kwons mansion as a helper. His name is Jihoon and he also works for the Kwons as their chemist. One day he asked me if i can help him. He wants me to take you away from that mansion. I was just new there that's why i don't know why he wanted you to escape that place. He said he will give me a large some of money if i do it. True enough, he gave me enough money to cover all expenses here and for your future." He stopped for a while to breath before he continued. "I don't know why he entrusted you to me but maybe he just doesn't have a choice back then. I was the new guy and he can't seem to trust other men aside from me. The night when we will take our plan into action was the same night i saw Jiyong. He was still a kid, almost same age as you. I know he's the son of our boss but he was friends with you." I stared at Jiyong for a while and he did the same but i looked away when i heard appa continued. "We took you outside the mansion where the car was waiting. Back then, you were clutching your father's shirt, don't want to let go. You were afraid that time but Jihoon talked to you, telling you that you will go on a field trip and more. He gave you a pill and when you took it, you fell asleep right after. We have to slipped you inside a bag so no one will see you. They have a very strict security inside the mansion so we can't take our chances. I successfully got you out from there and immediately went home here in Busan. You woke up after three days and we we're surprised that you don't remember anything. Even your own name." My father looked at me with a sad face.