"Anyway," Jules said, "you're going to open presents, then come with us on an adventure."

"An adventure?" I asked as Ruby ushered for me to sit down. She grabbed the half finished apple from me and threw it in the trash. I gave a small protest, but she didn't seem to notice. "And you guys didn't have to get me anything," I added.

"Sure we did," Cash insisted. "It's what you do for your best friends."

I smiled at that. "Oh, alright. You always get me with that best friend line."

Dan laughed. "It's funny to me that you're actually reluctant to accept gifts."

I shrugged at that. "Not really my thing."

Sapphire pointed to a red gift bag on the table. "Open ours first," she told me. She nodded to her fiancé. "This one actually helped pick it out."

I pulled out the tissue paper to reveal a whole outfit. A pair of light blue ripped jeans, a flowing black tank top, and a tawny cardigan. "This is lovely," I commented, thumbing the soft fabric.

"I thought it was a nice university outfit," Jack said, looking a little sheepish. "And Sapphire says it'll go really well with those black boots you have."

"Brown ones, love," Sapphire corrected him.

I smiled up at them. "Thanks you guys, I-"

"Open mine!" Dan yelled, throwing a small and poorly wrapped box at me. I barely caught it, and tore off the wrapper to see a pack of batteries. I realized the sentiment was from when he and the guys stole all the batteries from Akio's house.

I laughed, turning the box over a few times in my hands. "This is actually so great. Thanks Dan."

He nodded. "I knew you'd like it."

Next I received a Led Zeppelin CD from Isir and Rose. They told me it took them forever to agree on what album to get me, going back and forth on which I'd like better.

Cash got me a very nice hardcover journal and pen. He said it was because he really liked the way I talked about being a journalist. On the first page was a note in neat cursive that read: Happy birthday, Saya! I got you this notebook because I know how much you're looking forward to journalism. I figured this would be a good way to get started. You're a great person, and I'm happy we're friends. -Cash.

I grinned at him. "I was really hoping that would've been signed with your first name," I teased.

Cash shook his head. "You're never gonna know it."

I shrugged. "I'll figure it out someday."

Ruby handed me a green bag. Inside was a copy of the newest Harry Potter book: The Cursed Child. It had come out a little over a week ago, and Ruby had most likely read it beforehand. "You'll love it!" She insisted. "But that's not all."

I looked back into the bag, where sure enough, another present lay. I pulled it out and laughed a little. "A Slytherin scarf," I commented. I looked at Ruby, who was chewing her lip in anticipation. "I never should've told you which house I was in."

Jules laughed. "Be proud, Slytherin is a great house."

I wrapped the scarf around my neck. "That's a lot coming from you, Gryffindor. But thank you, Ruby, it's great."

Ruby shrugged. "Of course it is, I picked it out."

"And last, but not least," Jules announced, sitting next to me on the arm rest of the couch, "we have the best present of all from your favourite person here."