The Rabbit's Resolve

Start from the beginning

"You're funny! Want to be friends?" Momiji asked finally, feeling that wonderful emotion hope.

"Are you sure you want to be friends with me? Megumi is my only friend."

Momiji beamed at her with all the happiness he could muster.

They were both weird and abnormal.

"Eh? But you're so cute! I know! I'll be one of your best friends!"

Rejected and cursed with something that made them lonely.

"Oh by the way, I'm Momiji Sohma! Nice to meet you!"

But maybe,

"Hinata Honda, nice to meet you Momiji-san." She said politely,

Just maybe,

"Don't add the -san! We are best friends now. I'm Momiji and you're Hinata." Later to become Bunny Boy and Heart Girl.

They could be lonely together.

"O-Ok."

Or maybe that was just more wistful thinking. Who was he kidding? What could come out of such a small friendship?

Momiji chuckled quietly at the memory.

"Later on you just kept changing." Hatsuharu shook his head. "It was small at first. You're smiles didn't seem so plastic, you cared more about health and constantly sought out Hatori for advice, you started to care more about your grades, and finally it looked like the weight of the world was off of your shoulders."

"Really?" Momiji raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but just like you changed when she came into your life, you changed when she left it. You became withdrawn, plastic, and tired."

"I bet you're making this up to sound like a dramatic anime." Momiji rolled his eyes.

"When was the last time Tohru and Kyo? Hatori, Shigure, and Ayame? Even Kisa and Hiro?" Hatsuharu asked.

"Tohru, she can't really look at me without crying and no way will Kyo leave her alone. Hatori is busy with patients, Shigure is still writing, and Ayame is building a life. Hiro doesn't like me around Kisa." He shrugged.

A glint entered Hatsuharu's eyes and he stood up.

"I can understand Tohru and Kyo but everything else is inexcusable. You're really pissing me off Momiji."

"Black Haru." He mumbled with a groan.

"Hatori would always make time for you, you know that." Hatsuharu placed a hand on Momiji's head.

"Since when has Shigure even tried to write something on time?" He squeezed his hand.

"Ayame takes nothing seriously."

"Ow." Momiji complained as his head was squeezed tighter.

"And Hiro never liked you around Kisa but you did it anyway, he'll never admit it but that tsundere secretly likes you like the stupid big brother you are."

Momiji knew he was right, when was the last time he saw Hiro and Kisa? The two had followed Momiji and Hinata around like little chicks back then.

"Go. Go visit each of them and tell them what's going on." Hatsuharu said, releasing his head of blonde locks.

"But Hinata-" he began to protest.

"Isn't going to be in commission for 3-4 days. Just like you told me. Yuki and I will take care of her but," he paused and looked him straight in the eye, "You need this idiot. They're your family too." Hatsuharu gently rapped his knuckles against Momiji's head. "It's about time you start using your head. Even if it is mostly full of air."

Momiji hesitated, "You'll...you'll take care of her right?" He was scared.

The last time he had left her alone when she was sick, she was taken away and her kind was erased.

"It'll be fine. Don't sell me short blondie." Hatsuharu smirked.

"Okay, I'll do it." Momiji took a calming breath before clenching his fists, "I'll see them and tell them everything."

"Everything Momiji. No more leaving things out. The Sohma's have to stick together." Hatsuharu gave him a half smile.

Momiji smiled back, "Yeah, you're right."

"Who will you visit first?"

"Might as well visit the closest ones, Shigure, Ayame, and Hatori."

"But Akito-"

"Yeah. I know."
✍️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️✍️️
Okay, I tried extra hard on this chapter! Was it okay or do I need to spend more time? Just to clarify, only Momiji and Megumi had known that Hinata was moving back.

They were both afraid of side affects and decided not to say anything in fear of it reacting violently. Which isn't really fair but they are hormonal teenagers *shrug*

Also lets see who can figure out what the quote above means, it was said in Her Rabbit, the chapter was Kisa. He is speaking German.

Coming up,
Desperation Won't Create Forgiveness