Chapter 5- Secret

Start from the beginning

To be honest I was really hungry. There were two plates filled with bacon and scrambled eggs and two cups of hot coffee. Damn my stomach was growling at that smell. He placed my dish in front and I started eating without waiting for him. I looked at him he was not amused at all at my sudden hungry behavior and he quietly started eating his. There was too much of silence so I started the conversation.

"Why are we eating here? I mean...we could have eaten inside in the room" I said.

"Why what's wrong? It's a nice view, don't you think?" said Max.
while eating.

"Yes, it is indeed, excluding the maze," I said while looking back at that maze.

"OH. That maze is creepy for sure. Don't ever disappoint Adolfo or he'll put you in that maze" said Max in his warning tone.

"What?" I said in confusion like why would he do that? I mean there are jails and dungeons, why a maze I thought.
Max stopped eating and whipping his face he gave a serious look and said.

"That maze is like a toy for Adolfo, he knows each and every corner, path, turn and exit like the back of his hand. If anyone disobeys him or goes against his orders or anything, anything that makes him angry he sends them inside that maze and tell them to run and hide for their life, that maze is so confusing and complicated that person might be stuck there for ages and still never comes out and he might die there due to starving or due to Adolfo's guns. Adolfo chase's the person and if he finds him, then his death. Adolfo just enters in there with one crossbow gun weapon with only one arrow and if comes out with the arrow that means the persons going to die starving inside with horror and if he comes out without the arrow that means the persons dead. Adolfo always comes out safely."

I was stunned after hearing this, Adolfo has changed so much I thought. I was scared as hell after hearing this. "Creepy" that's all I could say.

"Yes, it is creepy, there are still some dead bodies in there," said Max looking at the maze. I was speechless I didn't have guts to even look at the maze so I kept looking at Max. Max turned his head towards me and noticed that I was scared. His expressions became soft when he said " hey, you look scared, don't be, unless you have done something wrong," he said and waited for my reply.

"I.. I haven't done anything," I said

"I know, you haven't," he said that. I frowned; he knows, but how? I thought, did Adolfo tell him.

"I'm saying this because you look like you wouldn't do anything wrong" he continued

"Tell me, Max, why am I here? I mean apart from the the-member-have-to-stay-here-thing; you are one of his capo rights? you must definitely know" I asked him this question which has been haunting my whole night. I don't trust people so easily but Max was different, his presence made me feel like I had someone by my side.

"All I know Faith that you're in the wrong place and for the answer to your question, this might scare you, all Adolfo said you've got a Debt to pay him"

Debt? I was confused, what debt is he talking about, I tried to remember if I have taken anything from him when suddenly it strikes me like lightning bolt and my eyes went wide open, no, no, no, no am I even on the right track first of all. Is that the debt he is talking then I have to pay it by giving my life. But Faith that's not even your debt, Fu** the debt word, it's not even debt it's revenge, revenge for something I never did.

"Do you know what debt he is was talking about?" I said shivering.

He noticed it he got up from his chair and touched my arm to calm me down. "calm down Faith, I don't know what debt it is, don't get scared, you can tell me what past you had with him I can help you" he said while smoothing my fear.