::53:: Goodbye, Toshiro

Start from the beginning

Asami stared at the ring in her hand with sad eyes before looking at him. "So this is it. I destroy it and you're gone." She muttered. "It's unfair."

Toshiro stopped chuckling and stared at her giving her a sad smile. "I've already been dead for almost a year, Asami."

"But, still. I feel terrible for not saving you in time and knowing that you were being used by some crazy chick." She muttered and Haru looked at them sadly. "And now I'm supposed to kill you again. I feel guilty."

"You shouldn't." He said and placed a hand over hers that was holding the ring and crushed it into pieces...destroying the reason for him still being around. "There, now you don't have to feel bad."

"You..." Her eyes wide in disbelief at the now broken ring in her hand.

"Toshiro." Haru muttered sadly.

Toshiro gave them a sad smile as he stood in front of them both. "I probably have a couple of minutes before the spell wears off and I'm gone for good." He took a deep breath even though he didn't need to. "I want to thank the both of you for not only being my friends but, also giving me hope that there are good people in the world. You could have easily arrested me with the rest of the Erebus Guild when you stopped them but, you didn't. Instead, you told me that I wasn't a bad person and that I didn't have a bad bone in my body. You said that I could join Fairy Tail where everyone would welcome me with open arms and treat me like family. Which is something I never got not even from my own parents. So, when you told me....for the first time I felt happy that I could have that. I was happy because I knew that if I did join, they would be just as kind as you two were. You never put me down like the rest of the members of the guild instead you told me that I could get stronger and I did because you helped me. Asami, you and Haru both saved me from the darkness. So...." He gave them a genuine smile as his whole body started to fade away. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Toshiro

"You're welcome, Toshiro." Asami whispered, as a tear fell down her face, once her friend was gone.

"He's really gone, Asami?" Haru asked rolling down his cheeks.

She stared at Haru with sad eyes and kneeled down in front of him. Haru hadn't experienced much death except the time that Lisanna died but, he was too young to understand. She gave him a sad smile. "No. He isn't Haru. As long as we keep Toshiro in our thoughts and our hearts he isn't really gone." She said gently as she pointed to his heart.

He nodded sadly. He was still going to miss Toshiro. He was the one who bought him fish at the market every time they went and watched over him whenever Asami went to gather information on the guild. He jumped into Asami's arms and cried because he would still miss Toshiro and like Asami said he was still in his heart.

❄💧❄💧

"So what now?" Haru asked staring up at Asami who finished carving Toshiro's name into one of the boulders as a final resting place for him.