Chapter Eight

Adrian's POV.

"Come on," Sasha recruits me to the room behind the table where her and her already drunk friends are sitting in. They're laughing uncontrollably and spilling their drinks as Sasha and I pass behind them.

I sit down on the booth as Sasha closes the curtain behind us for privacy and sits down next to me. Both of us facing the the screen in front of us projecting the security cameras in the club.

"How did it go with Melanie? Did she believed you?" Sasha asks with little concern as we examine the warm bodies in the screen in front of me.

"Would I ever fail you cousin? She completely fell for it, she doesn't have a clue what we're doing."

"You invited her to the Westwood party right? Along with Alex, Liza and all the rest?"

"Yeah. Melanie will see the new type of people I am bringing to my father's business, she'll approve of them."

"Good. Our plan is in action then."

*Flashback to Sasha's birthday, the night Alex and Adrian met*

Sasha's POV

"About time you get here! What the hell took you so long?"

"Sorry I was with Melanie and got held back, but I'm here." Adrian smiles as she opens her arms and pulls me into a hug. "Happy birthday!"

Ugh.

"Here is your present." she smiles brightly handing me a sparkly golden box with a bow on it. It is so tiny. "No, don't open it here," she stammers as my hands try to open the box that is closed with tape on the side, what the hell ever happened to simple birthday bags?

"Why?"

"You should open it with the rest of your gifts," she points back at the stack of presents I've received from all my friends here.

I nod. "Fine."

There is some weird guy dressed in all black with a fucking cap on who has been glaring and standing behind Adrian for a while now. Who wears a cap inside a building? At night? I look over to the girl holding his hand and my smile grows as my eyes widen, it's Liza Koshy.

Adrian seems to notice I'm not listening and turns around to face the dude in the cap and Koshy.

"Hey," she says to them.

"Hey Adrian, what's up?" The boy asks.

What the hell? They know each other? She knows Liza Koshy?

"Not much, just here celebrating my cousin's birthday." Adrian smiles at me.

"Sasha, this is David and his girlfriend Liza Koshy. David, Liza, this is my cousin Sasha." She introduces us.

Liza tells me Happy birthday and David shakes my hand.

I ask them for a picture and without hesitation they agree. I leave making sure that Adrian gets the chance to speak with them alone. She's better with people than I am.

I look down at the picture I just took with Liza and David. They could be what we have been waiting for. They could be our escape.

I spend the rest of the night in a better mood knowing that I finally found the solution that Adrian and I needed to get out of our parent's hands.

Adrian's POV.

"Sasha?" I close the door to my apartment as I enter it and walk over to my sofa where she is laying face down.