Chapter Seven

Adrian's POV.

"Yeah, you were right I had nothing to worry about." I confirm to Alex, I'm still standing in the hall starring out the building down at the city. "These last days have just been paper work which is hopefully the busiest I will be-" I drift off as I catch Melanie from the corner of my eye waving her hand trying to get my attention.

"Break is over sweetheart, we need you in here again." She informs me.

I nod at her and she goes in the door of our meeting room.

"I'll let you go." Alex says, I'm sure he could hear Melanie in the background.

"Remember about Saturday."

"How could I forget."

"Bye Alex." I almost whisper before he says his goodbye and hangs up.

"Finally Friday! We are done with those meetings!" Melanie says throwing her head back as we enter her apartment.

She takes off her shoes and I join her.

"Don't get too excited I'm pretty sure that you will be in one at least everyday when you're in South Carolina."

She groans and plops face down on her white couch.

"Do you have any food?" I lead myself into her kitchen and search her fridge without her answer.

"Don't you have your own apartment? In this very building?" She lifts her head off the couch.

"Yeah, but I want your food." I close both doors of her fridge and lean on it as Melanie looks at me, she already knows why I don't want to go to my floor apartment, she just wants me to say it.

I stare back at her hoping she will look away but when she doesn't I roll my eyes and stump my way next to her on the couch.

"And if I go to my apartment chances are I will see Sasha and I'm not really sure what terms her and I are in right now. I just know that she will ask me about last weekend and when I tell her that I went out with Alex on Sunday she will flip on me again."

Melanie sits up and makes room for me on her couch patting it for me to sit next to her and I do.

"I don't get what the big deal is." Melanie says "Why does it matter so badly if you hang out with this guy? He seems like a nice guy."

"So did Jason..." I mutter.

"What?"

"Nothing-"

"No, seriously, A you can tell me. I don't mean to be nosy but I can tell this is bugging you."

I sigh getting ready for what I'm about to do.

"You can't tell anyone," I begin and her eyes widen a bit but she recovers and agrees to not say anything, leading me to tell her the story of Jason and Sasha.

"I remember him, he would come around a lot." Melanie shakes her head. "I thought it was odd he stopped coming all of a sudden, I never knew what happened or why he stopped visiting."

"I always thought that one day he would come back but he never did. I wanted him to show his face once more, at least for Sasha's sake, that way she would find closure."