“Ha-ha.” I faked laugh.

“Bye Auntie Layne.” Kaylie said and walked out the door and down the stairs.

“Kaylie sweetie, don’t go no further!” I yelled to my daughter who had already begun walking.

“Bye Layne. We should be home before midnight.” I said then walked down the steps following my daughter.

I grabbed my hand in hers and we walked down the sidewalks of New York—luckily it wasn’t busy like always. The night sky looked nice with the bright moon and the few stars we could see.

We were meeting Mason at the coffee shop I used to work at, which I had to quit—due to me leaving for Florida tomorrow. Again, luckily the coffee shop was only a ten minute walk.

“So are you excited to go to Florida and live with your Grandma Mandy, and Grandpa Brian?” I asked as we walked.

“Yeah, but I’m gonna miss Auntie Layne and Mace.” Kaylie said.

“I know hon. I’ll miss them too. But just think no more cold weather!” I chuckled, and Kaylie half heartily chuckled.

I stopped us from walking and bent down to her level looking in her brown eyes.

Those same eyes I fell for her dad’s.

“What’s the matter sweetie?” I asked.

“I—I’m just going to miss Mace.” She said. “He’s the closest thing I have to a daddy.” She said her head tilting down. “What if he forgets about me?”

“Oh baby, come here.” I said wrapping her into a hug. “No matter what Mason will never forget about you baby girl. He loves you so much okay.” I said into her hair.

I felt Kaylie nod her head and I pulled away. “Now let’s go meet Mason. Don’t wanna keep him waiting.” I chuckled.

Justin’s POV:

“MOM!” I yelled going into my mother’s home.

“BIEBER!” I heard two girls scream. Soon enough, my ten year old sister, Jazzy and her bestfriend Gracie—who happens to be the little sister of my ex—embraced me in a bear hug.

“Well hello to you too.” I chuckled wrapping both arms around the ten year olds.

“Oh, I thought I heard my son.” My mom—Pattie came walking in the living room. “Girls, let Justin breathe.” She chuckled.

“Sorry mom.” Both girls said.

“Now go into the kitchen, lunch is ready.”

“FOOD!” They squealed and ran into the kitchen.

“Hungry Justin?” My mom asked me.

“Of course.” I chuckled and followed my mom in to the kitchen.

I took a seat next to Gracie who was sitting in the middle so I was on her right and Jazzy was on her left. My mom placed a plate with a sandwich in front of me along with a glass of coke.

“So how is work coming along?” My mom asked.

“It’s good,” I began taking a bite from the sandwich then continued, “We raised over four hundred thousand dollars to build new schools.” I said.

“Ew Justin, it’s not nice to talk with your mouth open.” Jazzy remarked.

I just stuck my tongue out at her, only for her and Gracie both to return the same.