•5•

-Tori-

Unknown number- this is all your fault!

Me- who is this?

Unknown- You ruined my relationship!

Me- gonna have to be more specific than that, hon.

Unknown- Lena's girlfriend.

Me- ex-girlfriend, from what I hear.

Unknown- Look, I don't know who you think you're messing with or why, but just stop. You had absolutely no business meddling with my relationship and quite frankly, you stalking Lena and me is really creepy.

Me- stalking? Please. I picked up bits and pieces from your unpleasant screeching hyena voice.

Unknown- following me and figuring out about Chris was definitely stalking...

Me- call it stalking, curiosity, heroic detective work, whatever works for you.

Unknown- whatever, loser. Just know that you'll pay for what you did. I have sources.

Me- no offense, but I'm not sure what your plastic surgeon can do for you in terms of payback if he can't even do his job well.

Unknown- dream on. This face is purely natural.

Me- I wasn't talking about your face.

Unknown- don't be jealous that my boobs are bigger than yours.

Me- I am not having a boob-off with you right now, Claire.

The screen lights up almost immediately with a new text, but I opt to ignore it. I'm not worried in the slightest about that pest Claire Windsboring.

"TORI!" Grandma hollers.

"I'm right across the room, Grandma."

She looks up and raises her eyebrows in surprise.
"So you are. Well, anyways, I have exciting news."

"What is it?"

"There's good news and bad news, which do you want first?"

"Bad news," I decide after a pause.

"Oh, I actually have to tell you the good news first," she sheepishly admits.

I nod slowly. "Well?"

"We're having an extremely wealthy and well known family over to the diner tonight! Their business could be huge for us."

I smile encouragingly at grandma. "That's so great! And the bad news?"

She glances at me nervously. "Millie's going to be there."

The world seems to stop rotating and I choke, coughing and holding my throat.

"Tori?! Are you alright?"

"Millie?!" I shout when I've stopped coughing. "How could you? She isn't even rich!"