-20-

-Lena-

"What's wrong?" Aditi questions Tori.

"I don't really want to talk about it," she sniffs.

What did that jerk do?

"Tori, I'm here specifically for this reason. I'm here to listen. I promise you can trust me."

"Even if I did trust you, these walls are paper thin."

"Nonsense. No one can hear us right now."

I blush in embarrassment and back away from the door.

The walls are foolproof. It's the open door that's giving you away.

"I guess. Okay, here it goes. Jason got upset when I told him I was bisexual."

She's bisexual? That means she still likes girls!

But she also likes guys, I think sadly. Namely, Jason.

"That's terrible. Why do you think he got upset?"

"Because I'm a freak of nature? Is it selfish to like two genders?"

"Are you kidding? No, Tori. It's a beautiful part of you, and you should be proud. I would kill to have more options for people to date. You have people of both genders lining up just to date you."

"I really don't, but thanks for that. It's just, it feels like I'm doing something wrong. So many people are already against homosexuality, and possibly even more hate bisexuals and pansexuals."

"Yeah, that sucks. I'm really sorry about that, Tori. How does that make you feel?"

"Bad? What kind of question is that?"

"Sorry," Aditi laughs. "Every guidance counselor I know asks that question."

Tori sighs. "Okay. I guess I should also talk about Lena." My ears perk up. Yes, let's talk about Lena!

"You can talk about whatever you want to."

"I don't want to talk about anything right now."

"Then we won't."

"But I feel like I need to."

"Alright."

"She's just-really beautiful and amazing, but I can never understand what's going on in her head. She must be thinking the same thing about me, I guess."

Uh, yeah.

"She's such a great friend, but sometimes she just gets mad and paranoid for no reason!"

"Why do you think she gets mad?"

"I don't know. If I knew I could talk to her about it. I just don't want to lose her as a friend, you know?"

"And that's all you want her to be?"

"What do you mean?"

"Do you mind if I step out of guidance counselor mode for a second?"

"Uh, I guess? I didn't realize that there was a guidance counselor mode."

"Okay. I just, I'm going to say what I think everyone's thinking here."

"We're the only ones in the room."

"Currently. But you see that couch?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"YOU ALMOST HAD SEX WITH LENA ON IT. ARE YOU DUMB OR SOMETHING?! TAKE A HINT WOMAN! JUST FRIENDS?! AND THEN YOU GO AND HOOK UP WITH SOME MAN WHO DOESN'T EVEN RESPECT YOUR SEXUALITY?!" She takes a deep breath. "Sorry. Got a bit carried away there."

Stunned silence follows.

"I-I had no idea anyone felt this way. One, I went on a date with Jason, there was no hooking up. Two, I was under a lot of pressure when I made out with Lena. I was just relieving stress."

I back away, hurt.

How could she say that? Was that really all it was to her? Here I was falling in love. Gosh, you're so stupid, Lena!

Sulking into my room, I slam the door and fall onto my bed, crying.

Goodness. It feels like every chapter is ending with crying! Sorry about that. I'll try and make the next chapter more up beat. Thank y'all so much for making it this far with me! I consider all of you like my family and it just means so much to me that you would read my story. Love y'all!

Xx,

Arabella