Ch 12: Witnessing hell

"What's the code?" Naruto asked instantly as Sasuke's eyes once again fluttered open.Sasuke merely groaned in response slinging an arm over his eyes to block them from the now to sensitive light in the room. Spots dancing in his vision.

"Teme code now" Naruto repeated to which Sasuke merely waved him off as he continued to lay in bed trying to piece together what had happened. He walked with kakazu somehow ended up in here and now Naruto and pain were somehow in the room judging by the feel of there chakra's.

"Sasuke you have thirty seconds before i knock you out again" Naruto warned tensely ready to spring again.

"Fuck Naruto. I heard you the first time. Would you give me a second" Sasuke snapped rubbing at his eyes.He took a deep breath and caught Naruto's hand right when he went to punch him. He twisted ignoring the way his body protested to any type of movement and flung Naruto upwards smacking him into the clone who waited above and pinned him to the bed.

"I told you to give me a second idiot" Sasuke glared.Naruto stuck his tongue out at him.Sasuke rolled off him and shoved Naruto off of his bed who landed on the floor with a yelp.

"Bastard...." Naruto muttered rubbing his head.

"eclipse" sasuke stated. Naruto sighed in relief.

"He's back. That was the password" Naruto smiled.

"why eclipse?" Itachi asked.

"that's either what we resemble or what happens to us " Sasuke cryptically responded as he gestured to Naruto then himself.

"start explaining" Itachi said as Naruto got up and sat cross legged at the foot of Sasuke's bed. Pain and Itachi comfortably seated in chairs of their own.Both boys shared a look of uncertainty.

"Wait what are we explaining?" Sasuke asked confused. What had the idiot done now?

"Keep up teme we're explaining.....wait how much do you two want to know exactly?" Naruto asked.

"Everything" pain stated without hesitation.

"And no skipping details" itachi added in knowing Sasuke would try to.

"Dobe did you seriously agree to explaining THAT while i was unconcsious!" Sasuke fumed.

"Ummm.....maybe" naruto admitted with a gulp.

"Could you two give us a minute?" Sasuke asked the two older men.

"Please?" Sasuke added when they remained seated. His charcoal eyes silently begging his brother. Itachi nodded and him and pain shut the door but stayed outside the room. Itachi was still shaken after seeing his baby brother almost kill himself. Had he made Sasuke feel that way? He had simply wanted Sasuke to hate him. He never in a million years wanted Sasuke to hate himself. Although maybe itachi mused it was the combined efforts of him and his father. Perhaps the constant comparisons had become to much for his brother to handle. And who knows itachi realized what those comparisons meant after the massacre. Itachi rested his head against the door frame. Why had he been so foolish?

"Ugh Naruto you fucking moron" Sasuke raved as the door of the sound proofed room shut.

"He's your brother! He has a right to know!" Naruto protested.

"He already knows danzo's a jackass Naruto. Let's just leave it at that." Sasuke denied.

"Sasuke your curse mark flared, you activated your sharingan, you set it off not me, stop being pissy and let's start explaining!" Naruto ordered.

Sasuke scoffed. "And just how are we supposed to do that!"

"What do you mean?" Naruto asked with a frown.

"How are we supposed to explain THAT to them when we can't even tell Kakashi without losing our nerve!?"

Naruto visibly deflated" i don't know" the blonde sighed.

"What Naruto you just thought that our throats would stop getting dry and we'd stop getting tongue tied and we both wouldn't turn into two fucking piles undifnified mesh!? They probably did something to prevent us from telling!" Sasuke growled out.

"It's called emotional scarring teme. And it's simple. We all just need to go in your head"

"My head? Why not yours!?" Sasuke hissed alarmed.

"You don't have a rinnegan sharingan hating demon inside you. Kurama developed a phobia while we were there."

"Fucking ancestors alright fine. Get em in here let's do this" Sasuke sighed leaning back in the pillows resigning himself knowing that he couldn't win this argument without having a splitting headache afterwards.

"Okay now start explaining" pain ordered.

"We can't. Which is why you need to use those awesome kekkei genkei's of yours and go inside Sasuke's head. Everything will be explained in there" Naruto said as he locked eyes with Sasuke and the two bumped fists.

Pain and Itachi shared a look and shrugged. eye jutsu's happened and they were both in Sasuke's mind.

Itachi frowned as he looked around. They were on a trail of a path. The walls made out of the stone that had been his home. The walls were cracked but the symbol remained in tact. Doors were lined up every so often. And thorny vines seeped over the cracks the thorns puncturing the walls. Upon closer inspection the cracks were all shaped like lightning bolts.

"See Naruto. Not every mindscape has to be a fucking sewer. No wonder kurama gets so pissy. You've got him lying in fucking sewer water."

"Well at least i'm not cracked" Naruto shot back thumbing to a random crack on the wall.

Sasuke glared" i hate you"

"So you keep saying" Naruto replied the boys quieting when they remember itachi and pains presensce.

"Where do you want to start?" Sasuke asked the two badass akatsuki members.

"Where everything went wrong" pain suggested.

Sasuke opened his mouth then paused before looking at Itachi nervously.

"How about after I left foolish little brother?" Itachi suggested.

"Yeah thats a better idea. I'm pretty sure Sasuke put a giant padlock on that door." Naruto stated.

"Shut up" Sasuke hissed at him. Sasuke closed his eyes and forced himself to let his mind drift back to that moment. The moment where he woke up in the hospital. The horrifying moment when his life had begun to shatter. The first tragedy in many that he faced at the horrid hands of danzo.

"Maybe a bit further ahead Sasuke" Itachi said his voice just above a whisper as he heard the two nurses talking about him then saw Sasuke moping. It made Itachi's heart clench. He missed them too. He rarely let himself think about it but he dearly missed them. The worst part was that he had failed them. He was no prodigal son. He had failed his fathers last bequeth. Take care of Sasuke he had said and what had he done? He left his baby brother to the hands of danzo and orochimaru? How had he been so blind? He should have-

"Itachi...are you okay?" Sasuke asked his brother worriedly as he noticed his brothers intense look of regret.

"Yes i'm fine. Just remembering something" Itachi dodged.

"If you say so" Sasuke responds.

"How about when...." Naruto trailed.

"When?" Sasuke asked arching a brow in perplexidy.

"When they took us for the first time..." Naruto said.

"Okay" Sasuke choked out.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

i know it's been a long time, but it's finally up! sorry or for the wait! comment! comment! comment! the next chapter will be up whenever i have time!