Smart Decisions

WARNING : THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL OR VIOLENT CONTENT THAT MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME VIEWERS. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

18 +

NOT EDITED .. (Draft)

After the party last night i spent half my night awake in bed thinking if a way i could get Kody back. He's so complicated... this whole situation is complicated.. but by the end of of the the night I devised a four step plan.
1) Befriend Stella.

See, Stella and I aren't close, but we also aren't strangers, shes a friend of Ashley's friends so she and I have mingled before which is why today at lunch which should be in about five minutes i need to get her on my side.

"Mrs. Collins are you okay?!" My english teacher questioned as I scribbled away furiously into Kodys journal.

"I- um Im doing like you instructed." I say cheesily.

"Yes well would you please keep the noise down. You're so riled up and disrupting the class." She says giving me a stern look while pushing the glasses up on her nose.

"Yes ma'am." I respond.

I sigh and look back to the old worned pages of the book that had put kody and I through so much. I remember the morning after prom when I stepped opened my front door to find the book sitting on my doorstep, everything intact with a post it note attached.

your welcome - anon.

I still hurl the thing around despite the memories it holds. Mainly because i dont want to forget everything that came from that book, but also because even though i don't think about it much anymore or write in it, i wanted it for times like these.

I wait until the bell rings before throwing the book in my backpack, triple checking so that i don't make the same mistake again before heading to lunch.

I walk into the double doors and see Stella right away. She's sitting with the cheerleaders until Kody gets here like she does everyday. I dont bother to say anything to Cam or Ashley and simply set my backpack down and make my way over to her.

"Hey Stella!" I say a bit too enthusiastically. "Uh do you mind if i talk to you for a teensy tiny moment."

"Braelee! Uh sure whats up?" She says excusing herself from her friends and walking with me to a not far off corner.

"So uh about last night I-"

"Oh Braelee its fine." Stella says, "and I dont want you to get the wrong idea, i know you and Kody just broke up and everything but i really hope we can still be friends despite that you know. He really is a sweet guy."

My heart breaks into tiny fragments and i feel jealous by the way she speaks of him. Which is why in this moment it wasn't hard for me to lie.

"Actually thats what i wanted to talk to you about." I say. "Look Stella, I know we aren't the closest, but I did date Kody for 2 years and I just. I think its important to look out for any other girl that could fall victim to his lies."

"What do you mean?" She asks warily. I could see the curiosity in her eyes and it lights me up inside. Everything seems to be working.

"Well. Its just. I know you've heard the rumors of why Kody and I broke up." I look to either side of me and then continue, "between you and me, the turth is that he cheated on me. He filled my head with all these lies about love and me being his whole world and he always called me cuddle-muffins." I say.