The Cupcake Phase

2 weeks later
___________________________

I've tried to get used the idea of Blake and my mom dating. I guess you could just say its so surreal having a new man parading the house. And all those times that mom wouldn't come home or stayed out all night... Why couldn't she tell me? I think thats what hurt most. Having it been kept from me, and all those hours i spent worrying if she was okay.

Now don't get me wrong... Blake is a nice man and he's great to my mother but... I just don't know how to feel about him. Augie on the other hand has already made up his mind.....

He absolutely hates Blake.

So when Blake offers to play video games with him, or take him to the park or to game stop or do anything with him for that matter. The answer is always, "You're not my daddy!" Following a huff and a slam of Augies bedroom door.

But i don't blame him. I too have a hard time accepting Blake as my mothers girlfriend, so when he's around i just tend to avoid him at all cost. Im polite and when Augie leaves the room i leave too. Not to mention Blake has a daughter. He too is a single parent after a divorce with his wife years and years ago. And meeting his daughter. Its just.... Not something i want to do. Which is why i haven't pressed further on the subject. I don't know who she is or even her name for that matter but I'm assuming shes around Augies age, and i don't ask anymore questions.

"Uhh Braels!" Cam's voice slowly came into focus. "Wake up, Braels." He whispers shaking me slightly.

"Huh?! Oh im here!" I say as i leap up from my seat and wipe the drool from my face.

He chuckles at me and smiles.

"What?!" I ask worried about my appearance. I had just slept through todays lesson of Pre-Calculus. But hey it wasn't my fault, if only Mr. Porter had retired last year like he'd announced to the school at the final pep rally.

"Nothing." Cam says as he grabs my books. I put my backpack and he kisses me on the cheek. "You're just so cute when you sleep." I smile and punch  him playfully on the shoulder.

"Come on. Time for lunch." He says lacing my fingers with his.

Oh yeah. Did i forget to mention.... Cam and I.. We're an item. You see.. the day after i found out about my mom and Blake, i don't know what happened! I woke up i called Cam and by the end of the conversation we were dating. I didn't mean for it to happen. But it just slipped that i also had feelings for him, and i dont know what made me say yes... but i did. I intended to tell him it was a mistake. But the more and more we hung out, the more and more i realized how great of a guy Cam was and how right i was to give him a try.

"Thank you." I said as he opened the door to the cafeteria for me. I walked in and sat next to Ashley and her friends and the football team, and he placed our stuff down.

"What would you like to eat?" He asked.

"You." I said playfully. He laughed and placed his forehead on mine.

"Really?" He said with a low growl.

"Mhmm." I giggled.

"Come here." He pulled me closer and i teased hum by pulling away but eventually he found my lips. I grabbed the collar of his shirt as he pulled away.