A Piece Of My Heart

T H R E E

It had been almost a week since the last time I saw Kody. My mind was still stuck on that night. When he told me he still loved me.

I couldn't help but smile about it. But frown at the same time. Since that week I still have received no notification from him. The only thing telling me he's still alive is the constant flicker I see sometimes when I run from his bedroom window.

Speaking of which, I sometimes go on his social media page and what do you know? He still has time to post on there. I see pictures of him where he went out with friends and such. Why can't he even come outside to speak to me? I can't go on in a relationship like this. And it hurts, it hurts because I trusted and loved him so much. I told him everything about myself and my secrets... I gave myself to him. And for some unknown reason he's willing to throw it all away.

Sighing I grab a water from my kitchen and proceed to grabbing an apple. My spandex shorts and Victoria secret sports-bra feel soft and against my skin. I grab an apple and proceed to taking a large chunk from it.

"Where are you going?" Augie asks from the living room. I twirl my bar chair so I am facing him as he watches cartoons on tv and plays with his toys. "Will you play with me?" He pouts.

"I'm sorry Augie, I'm going to go for a run. If your still up when I get back I promise I'll play whatever you want." I say smiling at him. He reaches up to me for a hug and I pull him tight against my chest.

"Okay." He murmurs on my shoulder. "Bye sissy love you."

"Love you too twerp." I say ruffling his hair. I grab my house keys and exit then continue to stretch in my driveway.

"Bout time you came out. I've been standing out here for about ten minutes." Cameron says chuckling.

I laugh. "Sorry Cam. I decided to eat an apple first I say." Finishing up my warm ups.

"Alright. So have you gave any thought to what I asked you about yesturday?" He asks.

Oh yeah... I may have forgotten to tell you guys that I run with Cameron now. Every day since the day I fainted in his driveway, he runs with me. He was getting ready to run that day actually Until I came along.

"No Cam." I laugh lightly. "I told you this before, I don't think track is for me. I run for fun, to clear my mind, not competitively." I say to him. I grab the elastic scrunchie I have on my wrist and began tying my waist length hair into a ponytail. It has grown a lot over the years.

"Suit yourself. I still think you'd be good at it." He says. I sigh. "So you ready to go?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say and we begin jogging. We start off slow and then gradually build our speed up. By the time I make it back I'm panting. I should've brought two water bottles.

"Wanna go for another round?" Cameron asks unfazed. Dammit how? It's kind've sexy actually, he endurance his body has.

"I'm good. Thanks." I say waving him off. "See you next run?" I ask.

"As always. Just shoot me text and I'll be there." He winked at me and I nodded. And then he sauntered away.

I turned around. "What the hell?!"

"Hey Braelee." Kody said wearily.

"Dammit Kody don't sneak up on me like that, I almost had a heart attack." I say grabbing my water off the ground.

"What's with you and Cameron, I see him over a lot." Kody asks with a stern look on his face.

"What do you think I'm cheating?" I ask playfully instead he just stares at me and shrugs. What the hell?

He hasn't even talked to me in weeks if anything I should be the one thinking he's cheating. I can't believe he'd even doubt my love for him like that. After everything we've been through.

My expression turns cold with anger and I could see the realization in Kody's eyes as he mutters, "shit."

"What the hell is wrong with you! You haven't even talked to me In a week. And to think you'd doubt my love for you. After everything we've been through Kody! Really?!" I didn't realize until I was down that my voice turned into sort of a shout.

His expression was pained. "I'm sorry Braelee. It's just what do you expect me to think when my beautiful girlfriend is with someone else? Anyone with a brain who takes one look at you would want you."

If our relationship was anything like it was, I'd probably swoon at this moment. But given the circumstances it only made me angrier.

"Oh so now I'm your 'girlfriend'." I spat at him.

"What the fuck is your problem Braelee, so be it if I'm a little possessive!"

"My problem Kody?! You know what Fuck you! I don't need this! I don need any of this!" But I do. "I can't do this! Not anymore!" I say as a tear escapes.

His eyes are so sad and sorrow and his voice breaks as he says his next words. "Are you breaking up with me Braelee?"

"I-I I don't know. Maybe. I- I just can't do this with you. You don't have the right to get mad about this. I run with him Kody... That's it." I say, "I just.. Maybe we should take a break."

"No-no-no-no." He whispers the entire time. "No. I can't, I can't lose you." He says grabbing me in his arms.

"In sorry Kody, you tell me you love me but then you blow me off. What do you expect me to do? Lay around like a sitting duck, waiting for you to come back to me. I'm sorry." I give him one last hug and then break away. He simply stands there looking broken, looking the exact same way I feel. As if a piece of my heart is missing.

I run inside and up to my room. Thankfully Augie is asleep. I promised I'd play with him if he was awake. I run to my room and cry. What have I done?