"Please."

She smiled, "Okay, I need to go get ready, I'll see you there."

"Bye."

After she left I picked out a pair of sliver heels to match the earrings I had selected earlier. There was a knock on the door that I had assumed was Vox. "Come in." I called as I clasped the matching necklace. When I turned around, Addeck was standing in the doorway. "Oh, sorry. I thought you were Vox."

He cleared his throat, "No, sorry. I'm here to get you're letter. I'm going to drop it off for you."

I had completely forgotten about the letter I was supposed to write. "Oh, I haven't gotten the chance to write it yet." More like I had been doing everything except sitting down and thinking about him.

"Vox said you would have it ready by today."

I shook my head, "No, sorry."

Addeck frowned and knitted his eyebrows together. "Okay." He swallowed, "Well, just whenever you get it finished, just give it to me. I'll turn it in for you."

I smiled, "Thank you, Addeck."

"No problem. Have fun at the wedding." He closed the door behind him as he left. There was some muffled talking from the other side of the door. I inched closer to see if I could hear anything. I could hear Addeck's voice clearly , he must still be right beside the door. "She hasn't written it yet."

I couldn't hear anything the other person said, but Addeck spoke again, "I know, I'll figure something out." The other person said something again and Addeck replied, "Yeah, I told her that."

There was nothing after that. I wasn't sure if Addeck had moved on down the hall with the mystery person or if they were still standing there, just talking in a softer tone. I decided to back away from the door, it wasn't my place to be eavesdropping on Vox's brother.

The door knocked again. I opened it to reveal Vox in a black suit with a white dress shirt and a black bow tie. I liked him in bow ties. They complimented him nicely. I found his eyes staring at me, taking me in. I liked the way he looked at me, like he'd never seen me before in his life. Or maybe like he'd never get to see me again so he was memorizing every detail.

To my dismay he frowned. "What's wrong?"

He heaved a sigh, "Well, it's just that, I don't know if I can take you anymore."

Confusion contorted my face, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I gave you specific instructions yesterday, you are not to outshine the bride." I rolled my eyes as he broke into a grin, "And right now there is no competition. You look absolutely radiant."

"You are a terrible flirt." I matched his smile as a blush found it's way to my cheeks. "Thank you. You look very handsome."

"I really like that dress on you."

"And I really like that tie on you."

"Thank you." He gave me a smirk as he straightened it out. "Are you ready to go?" I nodded as I took the hand he held out for me. Our fingers intertwined. It felt like my hand fit perfectly with his.

As we stepped into another ballroom, I felt like we were stepping into a fairy tale I used to read as a child. Twinkling lights hung behind white sheets against the walls creating an intimate atmosphere in the grand space. Gorgeous flowers, I didn't know the specific type, but they were a lovely soft pink, spilled out of the huge chandelier that hung in the center of the room.

"I'm going to get us a couple of drinks."

I nodded and felt a twinge of sadness as he let go of my hand to wander off. I looked around the room, slightly uncomfortable being left alone in a room full of people I didn't know. I searched for a familiar face, any face. Unluckily I found one. Mal's.