The night before Christmas-pt. 2

Начните с самого начала

Darry and Two-Bit got coats on and went out to get firewood for tonight. "Wanna play cards?" Johnny asked the room as he shuffled a deck.

"Yeah I'll play." Pony mumbled as rubbed his neck and got up onto his knees.

"Deal me in." Steve sat on the couch next to Johnny.

I inhaled and smelled an amazing sweet smell from the kitchen. "Yeah I'll play a little later.." My voice trailed off as I walked into the kitchen.

Soda was in the kitchen. He danced as he glided from one thing to another. Christmas carols played from a small radio in the corner. He put cakes in the oven, stirred and tasted things on the stove, and always kept his cup of chocolate milk filled. "Whaddya making all this food for?" I asked walking over to the radio.

"For tonight!" He said in a singsong voice. "We're having a party!"

"It's just gonna be the gang.."

He turned to me with his hands on his hips. "That doesn't mean we can't have a party!"

He laughed causing me to laugh. "You need any help?" I giggled.

"Are you kidding? I got four cakes in the oven, a batch of cookies to make, hot cider, hot chocolate, and hot soup on the stove, and my cup of chocolate milk is running low! I need all the help I can get Soph."

I giggled and went over to check on the cakes in the oven.

JOHNNY'S P.O.V.

After I wiped out Steve and Pony in cards, I went into Pony's room to wrap Sophie's present. Hers was the only present I hadn't wrapped because I had to order it from the jewelry shop. It's a silver locket with our pictures in it. I wanted a picture of the whole gang, but I couldn't seem to find one. I closed the small box it was kept in and wrapped it up in red wrapping paper. I tied a green ribbon around it and frilled it like Pony taught me to. Then I took a marker and wrote her name on it.

God I loved her so much. I smiled just at the thought of her. I closed my eyes and imagined her laughing. I do that a lot. Imaging her laughing. She has such a nice laugh, such a pretty laugh. I smiled thinking about it.

Almost without the consent of my brain, I got up and walked into the kitchen where I knew Sophie was

Almost without the consent of my brain, I got up and walked into the kitchen where I knew Sophie was. I walked in and she was facing the counter, mixing cake mix together. Soda was peering in the oven, but at the time I didn't even notice Soda. I went straight up to Sophie and wrapped my arms around her waist. She let out a small gasp, but then realized it was me. She was about to say something, but before she could, I spun her around and kissed her. She giggled into the kiss, but I wouldn't break the kiss. I loved kissing her, like, a lot. We kissed until Soda cleared his throat loudly and uncomfortably. We pulled apart and both glanced at Soda who was looking at us with a funny face. "Get a room you two." He chuckled. 

I scoffed and turned back to Sophie, who I still had my arms wrapped around. "Hmm. You taste like cake batter." I joked. She giggled and blushed. She had little splotches of flour on her face and her hair was messy, little strands wandering across her face. I glided my finger across her face getting the hair out of her way. Then, I rubbed off some of the flour. "You look cute as a cake." I chuckled regarding all the ingredients smeared across her face.