Chapter 5: JB Mind Control

We continue to walk towards the coffee shop, Jaylynn talking the whole time.

"Oh, look! We're here! Well that went by fast, it felt like only a few seconds." Jaylynn says as she pulls me to a stop.

I look up to see a tiny shop right on the corner of a street with the words The Café written above the door in big, red, curly letters. There are big windows that take up most of the outside walls. I can see inside, and let me tell you, there is only one word that can describe this place. Hipster.

Almost all the seats are bing bags, it looks like it has very dim lighting, and I can almost hear the indie music from outside. Not exactly my type of place.

A job's a job, Rachel. A job's a job.

I make a step to go inside, but Jaylynn pulls me to a stop for the third time today.

"Before you go in," She whispers, "I have to worn you about our boss. Her names Kaitlin, and she's a total bitch. She thinks she's the shit because her parents own the place, but she's not. She's just a man-stealing slut that couldn't close her legs if her life depended on it."

Jaylynn must see the look on my face because she hurriedly says, "But don't worry, if you don't threaten her, she'll leave you alone. We're not exactly on the best of terms, she used to have a huge crush on Dylan. God knows I didn't let that fly." She pauses with a look of triumph on her face.

"Now she's after Jason, but he can't stand her. They slept together a few times before he realized what a nut case she is. Even if he did like her though, he wouldn't do that to Morry."

"What do you mean?" I ask. Great now that song's going to be stuck in my head all day.

"Morry's had a crush on Kaitlin since the 6th grade when she grew boobs. But in his defense, so have the rest of the guys at our school."

"Huh, I'll make sure to steer clear then," I tell her as I head for the door. We both walk through and sure enough, there's indie music blasting from the speakers. Only, there's a stage in the corner that I didn't see from outside.

She sees me looking. "Oh, that. We have open mic night every Saturday night. It's usually pretty good. You should stop by sometime. Jase tells me you have a guitar," she tells me while shaking her eyebrows.

"I might. Sounds like fun," I tell her. She nods before turning to the counter on the opposite side of the room and walking over.

There's a blonde standing on the other side of the cash register, and it's obvious that's not her natural hair color. She has on bright pink lipstick and her shirt cuts so low, there isn't much left to the imagination. I can't help but assume this is the oh, so famous Kaitlin.

"Jaylynn! You're two minutes late! Get on your apron before I tell my dad to fire you! You know we are already short on staff!!" The girl says way too loudly at Jaylynn.

"Good to see you too, Kaitlin," Jaylynn gives me a look to tell me this is the bitch.

"Oh! Speaking of short of staff, Rachel here would like to apply for a job!" She tells Kaitlin with an obviously fake smile.

Kaitlin turns to me, as if just noticing I was here. She looks at me head to toe with a look of disgust. I stand a little straighter. Hey, your outfit choices aren't exactly my taste either, princess.