Chapter 4: I'll take the heart attack, thanks

I wake up to the smell of bacon. Breakfast.

I throw the blankets off of me and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. Almost as soon as my feet touch the ground, I hear a very loud yelp. "Sorry, Marco! Didn't see you there!"

Marco gives me a look of disgust before waddling out of the room and down the stairs. He loves me.

I follow Marco down stairs and into the kitchen to see the rest of my family having breakfast.

"Morning, Sweetie" Dad says while grabbing a piece of bacon off the top of the mountain he has on his plate, then takes a bite.

"Morning" I reply sitting down and grabbing a piece for myself.

"What are we doing today?" Becca asks while sipping her "healthy" smoothie. Heart attack or not, I prefer bacon.

"Your mom and I are going to see a lighthouse and then" Dad flashes a look at Mom "shopping" He sounds thrilled.

"Oooh yay! The shops in town are so cute!" Becca jumps from her seat to go get dressed for the outing.

"Hey, Mom? Is it okay if I don't go with you guys today? I really need to go job hunting" and shopping with you and Becca sounds like a nightmare I add in my head.

"I guess, but you need to shop with us before we leave. We never get any girltime!" She pouts.

"Fine" I sigh while putting my plate in the dishwasher.

°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

I dress in black skinny jeans, a red plaid shirt, and my black converse before heading out the door.

Just as I'm stepping out into the warm air, the house across the street's front door opens. It's Jase's sister. She waves at me then starts walking over. I look out of the corner of my eyes for a hidding place, but don't think I'll be able to make it to the bushes in time.

"Hey, Rachel" she smiles.

"Hey..." what was her name again!? "Kaylynn"

"Jaylynn" she tells me, still smiling and not missing a beat.

"Right"

"Where are you going? I'm heading into town for work. I work four days a week from 9-2." She says, giving me way too much information.

"Um... cool? I'm trying to find a job actually" she grabs my elbow and pulls me to a stop. Her smile grows even wider. This girl has good cheek muscles.

"No way!" She squeals. "The coffee shop I work at is hiring! We can work together!"

I don't want to hurt her feelings but a coffee shop, really? How cliche is that? Plus I'm not too keen on hearing her loud voice every morning. But on the other hand... a job's a job.

"Okay" I tell her with a deciding nod.

"Yay! I'll have a new work buddy! The only other worker there is really grumpy. I asked him what his deal was the other day and you won't believe what he said to me! He said 'I'm just trying to do my job now would you please go tend to those customers'. Like its my job to ask those stupid little kids..." Jaylynn rambles but I stopped listening at 'I have a grumpy co-worker'.

Work buddies! Yay!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Don't hate me please! I know this is an extremely short chapter but it's better than nothing!

As you guys know, I just got back from vacation with my family but I'm leaving again on Wednesday to go to California with my best friend (the chick Chelsea is based off of). And I'll be gone for about a week :( I will still try and update or at least write though! And I'll make it way longer too!

Don't forget to share, comment, and vote! Thanks for reading!

~R