Chapter 1: Bye, Boo

Freedom.

That's the one thought going through my mind as I pack my bag for our trip. School ended two days ago and I've never been happier. No more learning!

Just as I put my toothbrush in the front pocket of my black suitcase, my phone begins to screech the lyrics to "Safety Pin" by 5 Seconds of Summer. Immediately I answer, knowing it's Chelsea. Chelsea is my best friend, we've known each other since the third grade and have been joined at the hip since fourth.

We don't talk about third grade, that's the year I sat next to the hottest guy in my grade, Charles. Charles has blonde hair and green eyes. I don't usually go for blondes, but his eyes make me melt. Literally, I was a puddle most of the year.

"Hey, Chica. What's up?" I say while stopping the music coming from my record player. I'm going to have to figure out a way to fit her in the car without damaging her, ain't no way in hell I'm leaving my baby alone all summer.

"What's up!? WHAT'S UP!? I'M NOT GOING TO SEE YOU FOR THREE MONTHS AND YOU'RE ASKING ME 'WHAT'S UP?' " she screams in my ear as I flinch.

"Easy tiger. What do you mean I'm not going to see you? We're going to party on the beach together!" Chelsea and her family are going on a road trip up to Pennsylvania towards the end of summer, and she's going to stay with us for two weeks. Then we're riding back to Louisiana together.

"Yeah, but that's two and a half months away," I can almost see her lip hanging out from the other end.

"Hey, at least you'll be able to get a job and start saving for college." We just finished our sophomore year and I'm still broke.

"Who says you can't get a job up north?"

"Come on Chels, who's going to hire someone for three months?" I complain.

"Stay positive, you might find a really nice boss that doesn't care. You might even have a hot, sufer boy as a coworker and before you know it I will be the godmother of your triplets!" Chelsea all but squeals from the other end.

Just as I'm about to answer her that I don't want her bad influence on my beautiful Rachel/Beach boy children, I hear the front door slam.

"Gotta go, Chels. Becca's home!" I say while inching towards the door.

"Okay, tell her I said hi. Too da lo, chick!"

"Bye, boo," I say before hanging up and sprinting out of my room.

After two close encounters involving my fluffy dog, Marco, and the corner of a wall, I make it down the stairs.

By the front door, just letting go of my father from a hug, is my sister, Becca. She just finished her Freshman year at LSU. Her brown eyes glow as she turns to see me, and Marco, with his tiny paws tapping the tile floor as he runs.

"RACHEL!!" She yells while tackling me in a hug. Her brown, curly hair tickles my face as I smile. We both have brown hair and brown eyes, completely different than our oldest sister, who has blonde hair and blue eyes. The only difference between Becca and I's appearance is her hair is curly, while mine is a weird wavy in between strait and curly, and her eyes are a light, golden brown, while mine are... dull.

"It's so good to see you!" I tell her while picking up her bags and bringing them to her old room. We used to share rooms when my oldest sister, Annabell, lived at home, but after she moved out Becca took her room.

"Are you even going to unpack?" I question her when we get to the bright pink bedroom. "Nope" she says plopping on the bed. I lay next to her. "I'm glad you decided to come with us" I tell her.

"How could I not?" she asks, "Two days of hard driving with you, Mom, Dad, and Marco sounds like a blast" she says sarcastically.

"Ha ha" I reply, unamused. "I'll have you know, I'm a joy to be around."

"Umhumm," Becca mumbles, half asleep.

"Well, considering it's almost midnight and we are leaving at three in the morning, I'm going to sleep," I tell her, getting up and turning off the light as she climbs under the blankets.

"Goodnight" she says just before I shut the door. "Night"

I walk to my room and get into my bed. In a little more then three hours I will be on my way to Maine. I can't help but drift off to sleep with a smile on my face.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

First chapter! Hope you guys are liking the story so far.

I don't have a particular schedule for updating, I just update when I can, so see you next time!

Oh! And I plan on future chapters being a lot longer. I just wanted to kind of give yall a feel for the story.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to share, comment, and vote!

~R