Reconstruction

Life was hard with the Titans. Damian was a part of the family now. Being without him was hard for all of them.
     Especially Raven.
     The two had started to grow close, and they felt better talking to each other than the others.
     But, now that he was back at Wayne Manor, she had no one to talk to. No one that she felt comfortable around.
     They had started to rebuild the Tower, but it was a slow process. Especially since Raven's magic couldn't do for them.
     Cyborg was a big help in rebuilding it, but even he couldn't do it alone.
     Luckily, Bruce let them borrow some money to hire a construction crew to help out. That sped it up a bit.
     They had just finished the base of the Tower when they saw the car drive up.
     "Hey look!" Victor hollered. "Batman came to visit."
     But when the top slid open, it wasn't Batman.
     "What are doing here, Damian?" Raven asked, as he walked over to the group.
     "Well, I am a Titan now," he told them. "And, I need help."
     Kori spoke up. "Why not go to—"
     "The Justice League has there own problems to deal with."
     He looked at Raven. "And besides," he added, "we're a family."
     She smiled, and he smiled back.
     "Also, you still have my kryptonite, Beetle."
     "Oh," Jaime said, reaching into his pocket. "Right." He pulled out the shard and tossed it to Damian.
     "Thanks," he said, putting it back into his belt.
     "So," Robin continued. "Father's gone missing. I need your help to find him."
     "Don't worry, little man," Jaime said. "We've got your back."
     Damian nodded.
     "Come with me."

"Where are you?" Batman yelled, knowing that Joker was near.
"Hal," he said, his voice calmer. "Get out of here."
"But I—"
"Just get out."
Green Lantern nodded and flew off.
"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
A shadowy figure stepped out of the darkness and into the light, wearing his normal purple and yellow suit. He still had that same stupid grin, as well.
"Hello, Bats! Miss me?!"
Batman noticed something else. He had a huge hammer with the word "POW!" written on it.
     "Ya know," he said. "This thing sure is great."
     Then he threw it down and pulled out a gun.
     "But I like to start things off with a bang!"
     Batman, after taking a Joker bullet in between the armor platings, smacked the gun from Joker's hand and punched him in the face.
     "I don't know why you keep trying, Joker," Batman said, his voice dark and serious. "You never win. Every time, you just go back to Arkham. You'll never win."
     The Joker laughed and pulled out a small remote.
     "Not this time!" he laughed, pressing the button.
     As soon as he did, a trapdoor opened up under Batman, causing him to fall.
     For all he knew, to his death.