Chapter ♚ Twenty

IMPORTANT! I changed the city name Shadowland to Hollowdell  (This is where the princes palace and Shira's father is located) If you have any questions feel free to comment or DM me :)

<3 Note at end lovelies <3

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Twenty          

The moment my father enveloped me in a hug I lost it.

My breathing came out as muffled sobs as I hugged him back. He placed his big hand on the back of my head and smoothed my hair reassuringly. I was quivering and shaking all over, I couldn't help it. There was just so much going on and I couldn't stand it anymore.

"I-I left h-her," I stuttered, my voice coming out in high pitched sobs.

"shhh," he whispered. "Everything will be alright," his soft voice soothed.

I hiccuped and nodded against him, completely forgetting about the other two men standing behind us, witnessing my little break down. I pulled away; attempting to compose myself as I wiped my tear stained cheeks, and fanned my burning face.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't have left with-" I stopped myself, realizing what I was about to do. My father doesn't know about Ky, and I sure as hell wasn't about to tell him. I can't imagine how disappointed he'd be in me, to know that I've been associating myself with a rogue. "I shouldn't have left them," I corrected quickly. I heard Grayson let out a deep, possessive growl at my stumble realizing what I was about to say.

"No you didn't Shira," says my father with a shake of his head. Letting out a big huff he collapses back into the Princes' office chair. "We'll start a search immediately." He says finally. "Grayson and Joyce," he nods to my mate and his brother. "You'll search this territory, and Shira and I will search the unclaimed lands."

"But," Grayson begins in protest his eyes filled with worry as his eyes dart between my father and I. My father shoots his hand up to silence him.

"I think Shira and I are perfectly capable of handling ourselves," my father naps, narrowing his eyes at Grayson. Grayson immediately backs down and leaves quietly with Joyce on his tail.

I look back over to my father, who is now standing with his arms crossed and his eyes narrowed toward the door. "Why didn't you tell me?" His question catches me off guard and I hesitate, choking on my own saliva. "Why didn't you tell me Alpha Grayson was your mate?" He clarifies, with a perplexed sigh.

"I was hoping it wasn't him," I mumble honestly, my face aflame.

The unclaimed lands were dark and eerie, a gentle fog drifting over the forest floor as my father and I walked through the thicket of the forest in our wolf bound form. It was nearing winter and the air was damp and still as it nipped at our noses. The trees didn't sway and the forest was utterly silent. I wouldn't call it peaceful, it was borderline unsettling. However, that feeling my not have any resemblance to the lack of noise, no, that feeling was the outcome of just being here. Here in rogue territory, on lands unmarked and un-ruled by anyone; lands that were lawless.

The late autumn was my favorite time of the season. The air always felt fresher and the indoors much cosier. Huddling up in a thick blanket by the fire with a book in one hand and a hot chocolate in the other was always ideal for this time of the season; it is my favorite thing to do.

I had no idea where my father and I have ventured to. We were hours away from Hollowdell, out in the middle of nowhere. We had been walking for hours carefully keeping an eye and ear out for anything suspicious, or any noise at all.