Chapter ♚ Fourteen

Lovely cover by: UnsteadyCreatures

Note at end as per usual <3

The Wolf Prince | Chapter Fourteen

I didn't even have to ask how Ky knew me, he just took one glance at my utterly confused expression and started explaining. "You're quite popular, being the only female Alpha and all." I hadn't even thought about that, but he was right. I was flustered, I had never realized that I was the only female Alpha. "And," he continues as we walk. "I think everybody has heard of the kidnapped children." He grimaces.

"Yea," I mumble. "That seems to be all that I'm known for." It's followed me like a curse, and apparently it was one. A poison. I shiver at the thought. "So you know the Alpha of Ember then?" I inquire, tilting my head towards him.

"Yes, I've been formally introduced to all of the kidnapees." He chuckles. "A famous bunch you are."

"How? I mean not to be rude or anything but you're a rogue."

"I get around." Was his short response, looking away from me. Good to know.

"So you haven't always been a rogue then?" I push.

"Yes, I actually have been." He replies casually.

"An Alpha rogue," I clarify with a smirk. There is no doubt that he's an Alpha.

"Great observation detective, anymore questions?" he laughs, flashing me a dorky grin. I just shake my head, a light smile on my lips, and follow Ky through the forest.

Soon enough we break from the trees. We were on top a hill looking down to the small, cramped village of what I assumed was Ember. My eyes wandered endlessly once we reached the village center, I observed nothing but hard working villagers, some wheeling around carts with fresh produce, others rushing their children down the time worn streets. The streets were lined with old, run down Victorian homes and shops, not one place looked alike.

"I believe the Alphas house is at the very end of this street," Kyran says, stopping a step behind me.

"Aren't you coming with me?" I turn to look at him.

"Hey," he raises his hands in defense. "You asked for my help to get to Ember, now where here, my duty is done." He turns and begins to walk away.

"Stay?" I ask quietly, not completely sure why I had asked that of him, because he was right, he did what I asked him to do, he didn't need to stick around any longer. But I wanted his company; I didn't want him to go just yet.

He turns, his emerald eyes searching mine for a moment. "Fine," he agrees for the second time today. My heart does a flip in excitement but I don't let it show on my face.

"Any circumstances?" I beam as he begins to walk beside me once again.

"Yes, in fact I do have another circumstance." He runs his hand through his dark hair for a moment. "Don't trust Grayson." I look up to him in shock. This wasn't the first time he had tried to tell me not to trust Grayson. Anger started settling in my stomach, I had told myself I would try to trust him. It was his father who made all of the mistakes not him. And he was also my mate, I had to give him a chance. So I decided I would do what I had become good at. I lied.

"Easy," I smirked, but my heart betrayed my words.

We reached the Alphas house in no time. He lived in a grand Victorian home, wooden double doors greeted us as we marched up the cement porch. "Do you know the Alpha's sons' name?" I ask, my eyes adverting to Ky.