six.

my feet hesitate taking the first step inside the hall.

Inside the hall of memories.

The hall of the past.

With a deep breath I find myself inching forward, gliding my hand along the wall.

I think the walls are safe.

They can't hurt me.

Can they?

That's when I hear the whispers. The speaking of the walls. They tell of what they've seen, and what's they've heard, and suddenly I'm drowning.

I'm drowning in the memories the walls are whispering of.

I hold my breath and try to walk faster. get out of the hall. get out of the whispers. get away from the walls.

But they only get louder.

Suddenly the walls are screaming every word they've ever heard, every scene they've ever seen. I can't escape the hall grows longer, the voices grow louder.

And suddenly

I see him.

The man that haunts this hall.
The man that haunts my past.

He's reaching out for me and I try to run
I try to leave.

But the walls grow hands they hold me down and they scream.

He's getting closer and suddenly I can't breathe. His arms wrap around me pulling my body toward him. Pulling my freedom, my future, my soul, my life.

He's taking it all from me wanting nothing left. But he doesn't want my body so I am left hallow and empty.

My soul gone.

everything

gone.

the walls have released and retreated and I am left at the end of the hall but I can not move.

He took my will to leave with him.

So I sit here and I rot and I do not get up.
This is where I die this is where my corpse will lie.