23. The past

23. The past

"Sky? The baby's crying." Callen whispered.

"It's your turn."

"I'm so exhausted I think I'm going to fall in a coma."

"Cal, I actually had that little human come out of my body through my lady parts. I haven't slept for days and right now my boobs are producing milk which is a concept I still can not comprehend and you're telling me you're exhausted?"

"Ugh." He huffed before kissing Sky's forehead and getting out of bed to go pick up little Noah.

"Love you." Sky mumbled, already half asleep.

≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈ ≈

"Cal! Come here! Noah smiled!" Sky called, holding her baby boy in her arms.

"No way!" Callen came running in the living room, which made Sky laugh. "Hey buddy, can you smile again? I suck at jokes, please just smile because you're happy you have an awesome dad and a beautiful and amazing mom."

The baby didn't do anything but create a little bubble of saliva and Callen pouted.

"I think Noah likes you better than me." He mock-complained to Sky, crossing his arms. "I don't care because I'll still take you to the baseball cages or football fields, whatever you like, no pressure, and I'll still be there for you."

"I throw better than you, he'll ask me to take him to the cages," Sky teased.

"Well then the three of us will go. Or four, who knows. Maybe his little sister or brother will want to come too."

That's the moment baby Noah chose to smile.