19. The past

19. The past

Sky and Callen got married six weeks following their college graduation. Sky had scored herself a job at a law firm while Callen was still waiting for a call after a job interview at the local newspaper.

They decided they had waited long enough and planned their wedding as a small, outdoors one, just like they had both always imagined. The planning part was hell since their families would disagree on pretty much everything but they had managed to get through it and now, here they were, ready to take the vows that would bind them as husband and wife for the rest of their life.

Sky was as excited as she was nervous that something could go wrong. She didn't doubt her love for Callen and had faith that their marriage was going to be a happy one but she feared a small detail would ruin everything. Whether it was her stepping on her own dress and falling while walking down the aisle or the cake being disgusting. Her mother adjusted her veil and wiped a tear from her eye.

"You look so beautiful honey."

Sky smiled at her reflection. She did look beautiful and she hoped Callen would like it as well. After all, he had seen her in disgusting Winnie the Pooh pajamas so there was nothing to fear on that side.

"Are you ready?"

She nodded and her mother embraced her, wished her good luck and then exited the room to call Sky's father. When he came in, he smiled brightly at his daughter.

"My baby is getting married." He said, as if he needed to voice it out loud to actually believe it. "I am so happy for you Sky. You look beautiful."

"Thank you dad." She hugged him quickly.

"Now's our cue, are you ready?"

"I am. But promise me you won't let me fall."

He laughed. "I promise. Just hold on to my arm and follow my lead. It's your day sweetheart, just enjoy it and feel the love."

She smiled and wrapped her arm around her dad's. And then cursed him because she had the Lion King song stuck in her head while descending the stairs leading to the place they had set up outside. They stepped outside and the sound of the instruments made Sky's stomach churn while her heart was dancing happily. It was her wedding day!

They began marching down the made-up aisle covered in flower petals, arm in arm and when she saw Callen waiting for her at the end of it, dressed in the sexiest tux she had ever seen, she felt tears of joy prickling at her eyes but she tried to keep her focus on not tripping over the carpet.

Callen had tears of his own welling up in his eyes as Sky's dad embraced her before shaking Callen's hand formally. He then helped Sky up the three steps and together, hand in hand and looking into each other's eyes, they listened to the priest telling them about marriage and love.

They then took their vows. Neither of them had written them down and they let their heart speak freely, knowing exactly what they wanted to say to the other on this day. Callen, being a writer, had even written her a little poem, which brought everyone in the audience to tears.

"I love you so much." Sky whispered when the priest was still talking.

"I love you too little Skylar."

She smiled and they exchanged their rings, promising each other to keep their love alive for as long as they both shall live.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N: The video above is the song Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur because it's a beautiful love song that fits with this chapter so well.)